Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sears Warrenty

We go on this estimate today.We came recommended by a good customer of ours.Guy calls me up and says I signed a contract with Sears but I have 3 days left to cancel so can you come right out.So my P and I rush over there and by the way its 45 min away.But good customer works with this guy and hes in a mad rush so we jump for it.Im thinking give him a # and BAM write it up there on the spot.Well this guy puts us through 80 FU--ING questions,then *****es when i say goodman(though hes never heard of them).I want CARRIER he says.Well i offer my other brand American Standard.After all this I give him a rather high number (at least it was to me).My guys and I could bang this one out in tops 2 days!He says whats the warrenties.So I explain manufactures warrenties and proceed to tell him we are offering a 3 yr service contract free with any preseason AC install.So 3 yrs from us basically bumper to bumper.Well he says your only $2000 cheaper than Sears and they offer a 15 yr warrenty on there installs.WHAT 15 yrs????/ BS!!! Is that true anyone??? Also $2000 cheaper???WOW to me thats a huge savings. They are bending him over for an extra 2000.He then says fax me a fully descriptive proposal I wanna compare to them side by side.I wanted to just flip my lid.Not only will I save him $2000,he gets a supperior installation,and we are highly recommended from this guy hes friends with for 15yrs.I might tell him ya know i dont have time for your BS use Sears.What are your thoughts?/?

You need to spend a bit more time educating him. Or walk away, he sounds like trouble and he's gonna call you for every little squeak and bump. He'll call you at 3AM on Easter Sunday because the thermostat is 1° off.
    R2B4BTU

I would not let sears install hvac equipment in my home. around here sears uses contractors to do the installs the contractors they use are the cheapest in the area and are not paid enough to do the job right. I used to be a service tech for sears and the hvac part was not good.

if he picks sears he will be sorry if they are like they are here.

2000 = a big name nothing more they sub the work out and make not only top dollar but they make even more money on the payment plan

www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Sounds like the customer no one wants, I've had a few of them, let Sears have him.

Sears called me the other day when they saw my resume on careerbuilders. HA!!!!!! I'd rather be a bagboy
    R2B4BTU

Let him deal with Sears, he will then know what crappy service is all about. I did a service call last week where the homeowner had a service contract with Sears. They were informed that it would be three days before the technician was in their area.........it was a no heat too! The customer was burned in more than one way.

No way I'd deal with a customer like this unless I was in desperate need of work. You WILL live to regret it if you take this job.

Tell him for 2K you will give him a 15 year warranty too.
    Thing is, 8 years from now no one remembers those things anyway, what a joke. Let him have Sears, he deserves them.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Let Sears have it.
    Sit back and wait, When he call laugh your arss off.

Sears.............

what a..........

mess.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I wonder if sears would give me a 15 year warranty on a new lung.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast