Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    terrific now I get to ask a question

How do you get around the UL and AGA, etc. ratings being that these are untested devices by the time you are done with them?

That is correct. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlBoardRepair View Post
    That is correct. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Wecome back! LOL
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Every board that we repair is fully tested.

Every board that we repair is fully tested.
    NOT the answer to the question I just asked(.)

IS your repair UL, AGA and any other incoming certifications the same as new?

And can I contact any of these authorities and confirm with them as to your position and authorized repair of said board?

As I am trying to learn the ins and outs of the forum please excuse the mishaps. My intent is not to break any rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    Wecome back! LOL

I and my company would never knowingly buy a "repaired" board. This would violate my mission for providing reliable safe service, I have seen new boards mess up badly, not alone repaired boards ..Just my 2 cents.
    Never give up; Never surrender!

As I am trying to learn the ins and outs of the forum please excuse the mishaps. My intent is not to break any rules.
    That's cool but:

And can I contact any of these authorities and confirm with them as to your position and authorized repair of said board?
    Think about it like this, should they not be, and should something happen, guess who would be on the hook for loss of property/life?

By UL and AGA are you referring to the marking on the actual boards? Meaning if we replace something will it match up to the specs of the original item that we replaced? Yes and yes you can verify that you are getting the exact some specs as the original item replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    NOT the answer to the question I just asked(.)

By UL and AGA are you referring to the marking on the actual boards? Meaning if we replace something will it match up to the specs of the original item that we replaced? Yes and yes you can verify that you are getting the exact some specs as the original item replaced.
    If you have repaired/altered any board it is NO longer UL rated or AGA or anything else as at that point, it IS an UN tested device.

Honestly this bothers me to the point where I AM going to contact them and advise them of your link.

un real

No sir I disagree. By UL we are saying "If a product carries this Mark, it means UL found that samples of this product met UL's safety requirements. These requirements are primarily based on UL's own published Standards for Safety. This type of Mark is seen commonly on appliances and computer equipment, furnaces and heaters, fuses, electrical panelboards, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems, personal flotation devices like life jackets and life preservers, bullet resistant glass, and thousands of other products." So when we replace an item on the defective board as long as it is UL compliant, which it will be because we are putting the exact same item back on, it is ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    If you have repaired/altered any board it is NO longer UL rated or AGA or anything else as at that point, it IS an UN tested device.

Honestly this bothers me to the point where I AM going to contact them and advise them of your link.

un real

No sir I disagree. By UL we are saying "If a product carries this Mark, it means UL found that samples of this product met UL's safety requirements. These requirements are primarily based on UL's own published Standards for Safety. This type of Mark is seen commonly on appliances and computer equipment, furnaces and heaters, fuses, electrical panelboards, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems, personal flotation devices like life jackets and life preservers, bullet resistant glass, and thousands of other products." So when we replace an item on the defective board as long as it is UL compliant, which it will be because we are putting the exact same item back on, it is ok.
    Show me and your customers in writing from the UL and the AGA where it states that this or that repair will be okay.........

Purrty Please.

Quote Originally Posted by justiniano View Post
    Electrozone DC zone coils needed!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I need to purchase electrozone zone valve coils 20v dc (don't need the valve itself) These are the types used with the RB-4 relay or can I replace this control box and valve
    Dude, start your own thread.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast