Question

Have installed this for a customer. (Samsung 26,000 btu indoor/outdoor units AD26B1C13 and UD26B1C2) Now Samsung tech says that the indoor unit has a MINIMUM 4 foot high requirement. I can find in the install guide a MAXIMUM height but not a minumum requirement. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Appreciate any input.

hey cherdt i have installed alot of single zone ones and they all said maximum heights only no minimum two i did acouple of years ago are installed in abasement lower than the outdoor unit one heat pump one a/c. still working

Hmm

The unit we put in may be having some problems due to high humidity. The home sit right on a lake and right now it's cold here (temps -0 to 35 or so). I'm not sure if that's why Samsung is saying the unit needs to be at min. 4 feet? Any ideas on that? Still, if a mfg. gives you "official" install specs, I like to see them from the mfg. in black and white!
    CH

Just a wild guess- could they mean that they don't want you to mount the indoor unit right at floor level in a room because the air won't circulate properly?

In other words, could the factory mean that they require a minimum height in the room, not a minimum elevation above the condensing unit?

[Edited by wyounger on 02-22-2006 at 05:28 PM]

I agree. Since hot air rises. The cool air will just pool on the floor. Last summer I saw wall units installed in a glass solarium on a side wall below the curved glass. My feet were cold and you felt warm walking to the room. PTACS with top venting would have worked better.