The saga continues. I'd have done this via e-mail but it seems alot of guys have questions and any answers may help them too.

I visited my problem site again today... I managed to connect with Lon Station, I made a new site and discovered all of the controllers... I wanted to change the A/C lockout temp within a bunch of Air handlers but when I tried to access the individual controllers I got an error "Node could not be read, the node has a different symbol, double-click it to try again". No matter how I tried I couldn't access those nodes. At a different building I tried to change the occupied and unoccupied setpoints, I accessed the setpoints and even had a clear window that accepted my cursor but I couldn't change the setpoints. At this same building I'd also like to program a setback schedule, I've got the schedule creation handled but don't know how to specify which controllers the schedule applies to...

Sooooo, Lon Station was a big frustration, any hints? Is there any way to make changes on-the-fly with Lon Station? From what I could see it's monitor only... A right-click on the device name gives me a greyed-out "commission" option only.

I've in the meantime opened the original .ntb file in Lon Spec, all the program changes I want to make were easy there, what's to keep me from downloading the new changes to the site? I understood that I couldn't commission without the original .ntb because I'd lose bindings... am I safe to do this as long as I've got the original?

I made a new site and discovered all of the controllers... I wanted to change the A/C lockout temp within a bunch of Air handlers but when I tried to access the individual controllers I got an error "Node could not be read, the node has a different symbol, double-click it to try again". No matter how I tried I couldn't access those nodes.

Did you try going to “site” then the “device list” tab, delete all the devices, and refresh them. I have had to do this a few times in a row to get it to stick.

At a different building I tried to change the occupied and unoccupied setpoints, I accessed the setpoints and even had a clear window that accepted my cursor but I couldn't change the setpoints.

On what type of controller? Where you doing this on a canned graphic screen or custom screen? If it was a custom screen, the person that set it up may not have the “changeable” box checked. But it sounds to me like your not using a user/pass that has the proper rights.

At this same building I'd also like to program a setback schedule, I've got the schedule creation handled but don't know how to specify which controllers the schedule applies to...

Go to the tab to the right of “schedule”, its called “schedule objects”, objects refer to either a ASC Controller or a Control Loop within a 15C, etc…
    There is a pretty good help file in help menu, it should show you exactly what you should be looking for.

Is there any way to make changes on-the-fly with Lon Station? From what I could see it's monitor only...

It does make changes on the fly, as far as setpoints, schedules, etc…go. But you must have the correct user rights.

I've in the meantime opened the original .ntb file in Lon Spec, all the program changes I want to make were easy there, what's to keep me from downloading the new changes to the site? I understood that I couldn't commission without the original .ntb because I'd lose bindings... am I safe to do this as long as I've got the original?

You can email the original to me, I will have a look, I would hate to assume anything and get you into more trouble.

Also, how are you connecting to the site? PCMCIA? RAPIDLINK? etc...
    Are you running LonStation 5.01.01 ? Its the newest one, plus the addition of service pack 1.

I made a new site and discovered all of the controllers... I wanted to change the A/C lockout temp within a bunch of Air handlers but when I tried to access the individual controllers I got an error "Node could not be read, the node has a different symbol, double-click it to try again". No matter how I tried I couldn't access those nodes.

Did you try going to “site” then the “device list” tab, delete all the devices, and refresh them. I have had to do this a few times in a row to get it to stick.

Yes, and I noticed that when I refreshed the site it re-ordered the devices but I still couldn't access those 2 nodes... both are xl15c's. I had thought they contained logic for locking out the chiller but I think I can get that job done by changing the individual setpoints within the AHU's.

At a different building I tried to change the occupied and unoccupied setpoints, I accessed the setpoints and even had a clear window that accepted my cursor but I couldn't change the setpoints.

On what type of controller? Where you doing this on a canned graphic screen or custom screen? If it was a custom screen, the person that set it up may not have the “changeable” box checked. But it sounds to me like your not using a user/pass that has the proper rights.

Those controllers are HYD's... I accessed them through the device list, this site has no graphics that I could get loaded. I was logged in as admin/password.

At this same building I'd also like to program a setback schedule, I've got the schedule creation handled but don't know how to specify which controllers the schedule applies to...

Go to the tab to the right of “schedule”, its called “schedule objects”, objects refer to either a ASC Controller or a Control Loop within a 15C, etc…
    There is a pretty good help file in help menu, it should show you exactly what you should be looking for.

All I could see under this tab were loops, no individual devices were visable... I had reasoned that I should associate individual controllers to the schedule but the controllers didn't show up on the list.

Is there any way to make changes on-the-fly with Lon Station? From what I could see it's monitor only...

It does make changes on the fly, as far as setpoints, schedules, etc…go. But you must have the correct user rights.

admin/password should be the highest level... or do I need to make a new user and set access level?

You can email the original to me, I will have a look, I would hate to assume anything and get you into more trouble.

Also, how are you connecting to the site? PCMCIA? RAPIDLINK? etc...
    Are you running LonStation 5.01.01 ? Its the newest one, plus the addition of service pack 1.

The 2 files I'd sent previously are the ones, i'll send my updated ones. Seems like that's all the previous company used. I'm connecting with PCMCIA, version is 5.01.00.00. Can I update version via the web?

SP1 is on its way

The last file you sent me before today looks fine. All the binding is there. I do not see why you could not recom the site from that file.

Did you associated your LonSpec file in LonStation when you were having these problems? I can't see where this would cause a problem but I have never came across a LCBS job that I did not personally setup, so I have never had to be without the original LonSpec file. You may want to try to deleting your site in LonStation, then use the import function and import your hopefully near original LonSpec file, and then delete/refresh the device list in LonStation, and see if that resolves your problems.

What is weird, is your saying if you right click on a HYD in the device list, you do not see "graphics" as an option? You should see that, and it should show a canned graphic for that controller.

Do you have a complete SOO for the job as well? Whomever setup this job must have started to get confused on where they were at in the process, it could be much easier.

You also said you could change the individual setpoints within the AHU's, but I do not see any AHU's on this job.

Originally posted by codewriter
    SP1 is on its way

The last file you sent me before today looks fine. All the binding is there. I do not see why you could not recom the site from that file.

Did you associated your LonSpec file in LonStation when you were having these problems? I can't see where this would cause a problem but I have never came across a LCBS job that I did not personally setup, so I have never had to be without the original LonSpec file. You may want to try to deleting your site in LonStation, then use the import function and import your hopefully near original LonSpec file, and then delete/refresh the device list in LonStation, and see if that resolves your problems.

What is weird, is your saying if you right click on a HYD in the device list, you do not see "graphics" as an option? You should see that, and it should show a canned graphic for that controller.

Do you have a complete SOO for the job as well? Whomever setup this job must have started to get confused on where they were at in the process, it could be much easier.

You also said you could change the individual setpoints within the AHU's, but I do not see any AHU's on this job.

Got the file, many thanks...

I did not import the job into Lon Station from the Lon Spec files... I had read from an earlier post that it was the wrong thing to do. ;-) I will give that a shot when I go back, I'll have to flip a coin between that and recom of the whole site!

I'm unsure what an "SOO" is... and I do agree it could be easier! I also mis-spoke and confused "FCU" and "AHU"... Same difference though, is it BI or DI!!!

Graphics for this site are weird, I do get an individual room graphic from the HYD menu, but no other graphics are present... like for the air handlers or a whole site map.

Thanks as always for the assist.

Brian