I read in another post that on Carrier or Bryant heat pumps that only Parker drier made for R-410A are the only approved drier that should be used. When I had the TXV changed on my Carrier 38YZA late last summer the company I had work on my heat pump used the following liquid line drier.....

Reversible
    CATCH ALL
    For Heat pump systems/HPC 103-S
    For use with R12 R134A R22 R404A R407C R410A R500 R502 R507
    Sporlan Valve Co.
    Washington, MO
    MRP 680 PSIG ( 498 KPA)

Do you guy's know anything about this type of liquid line drier? Am I ok with this, or is it going to compromise my heat pump?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Thorton

[Edited by thorton on 02-15-2006 at 02:34 PM]

Ask Carrier? I don't know why it would be a problem, it's rated for 410a and heat pump. Parker bought Sporlan, just an FYI.
    Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children. - Eric Draven

Site Rulez!

Carrier wants the molecular sieve type dissicant used, like in the Parker, I dont think the Sporlan uses it, still better than not using one at all, I wouldnt loose any sleep over it.

Originally posted by mathwei
    Ask Carrier? I don't know why it would be a problem, it's rated for 410a and heat pump. Parker bought Sporlan, just an FYI.
    That's a fact on both counts. Pre-the acquisition, Carrier awarded Sporlan the TEV business and Parker the filter-drier business for their R-410A units They probably felt it wise to split the business. Funny how some things turn out

good drier just a little bit less expensive than a danfoss.

you will be ok they are very popular.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

it's fine