I'm attempting to repair an MN-FLO3T MicroNet VAV Controller. It can work in stand alone mode and I have it hooked to the Nework 8000 via MN-ASDI Intergrator. Can I test this VAV without MicroNet Software or do I need it to test and program. If not what can I use to see that's it's working properly. I know it's online cause I have it addressed for #2 and when I power it down I get a communication abnormal or failure. Any help will be appreciated. I work on a varity of systems from Honeywell, Simplex, Johnson Controls, Andover, Notifier, and others. I'm sure I can provide answers to some questions that my come up.

What did you repair on it ?

It depends on what exactly you did to "repair" it.

If you replaced it then you definately need the Micronet Software to do the setup of the controller.

To just check the controller if it is working you can look at the MNFLO block in the GCM and look at things such as Zone Temperature and the Flow. Also in the GCM block you can change the htg/clg setpoints and the max/min flow setpoints to see if the controller responds accordingly.

Yeah, either way if he is gettting into the biz of repairing MN series controllers, he should spring for MnetCi,, it's not that expensive,

Repairing MN-FLO3T

I haven't repaired anything on it yet cause it acutally came on-line but I'm not able to see any points yet. I've created the blocks for it so I can check the points but the outputs I'm not sure how to activate. I guess I'll see if I can find the software to be able to change the program. Thanks for your help.

I just recently bought an MNCIM cable from Yamas Controls Southwest for about $280 and they gave me the Mnetci software for free.

If you haven't replaced this controller yet I suggest you get this cable and software. It will be much easier to upload the program from the existing controller and then download to the new if you replace.

Thanks a lot for you input I'm gonna put in a request to get this cable and software.

Secret hint:

When you get the mnetci software and plug into the stat of the controller in question, hitting "backspace" after the software is running will connect you to the device your plugged into without having to know it's address.

Ok thanks for the information

Dex,

once you have the software you can get a lot of help here , there is quite a few of us here that are familiar with that sodtware.

Dex: If you can see it in the MNFLO GCM block then you have pretty much all you need there to test it. There should be things like FORCE OPEN and FORCE CLOSED and FORCE MINIMUM, etc.. Just arrow right to MAKE FIXED ON.