Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I would think that the best people to answer this kind of stuff are the baggage handlers that abuse them .

I would go with Samsonite, but usually I dont pack much as its more fun to buy new stuff when you get to were you are going.

Originally posted by James 3528
    LOL

I am a little concerned about showing up at a few places I go with pea green 70's stuff.
    Well ain't we Mr. La-de-da all of sudden.

I'm on big birds wave lenght. Cardboard box and some duct tape.

Of course I do have a nice Mares Dive bag for my diving gear. It would be a bummer to get there and have all your gear smashed to sh!t.

I paid a fortune for an American Touristor set of luggage years ago, and yes it did hold up well. When it finally started dry rotting I just used duffel bags for a while.

Then, I needed some large stuff to get equipment and my personal belongings to Cayman when I went there to work. I bought a cheap set of luggage for $99 from Sears which worked perfectly. I figured that even if it got trashed, it was worth what I paid for it. Even overstuffed with test equipment and hand tools the stuff held up well.

I just don't see the sense in spending a lot for something that is just going to get abused.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

If you are traveling with camera equipment, here is what the pro's use. PortaBrace is one of my customers also.

http://www.portabrace.com/

These suckers are indestructable.

[Edited by benncool on 02-15-2006 at 09:51 AM]

Where are you going?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

He`s going to pittsburgh to clean the riff raff out of town.

Originally posted by bigbird
    He`s going to pittsburgh to clean the riff raff out of town.
    He wants to get Hines Ward to autograph his terrible towel.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by The Penguin
    ...look for strong double stiching and heavy duty zippers - otherwise you may be picking up your tighty whities one by one off the belt carosel...
    That happened to me once, about 7 years ago. I was waiting at the carousel to get my bag, and it seemed like it was taking FOREVER. Well, as I'm waiting, I see some loose items on the belt. I'm laughing to myself, thinking about the poor sucker that is going to have to deal with that embarrassment. As I'm looking, I remember thinking "Wow, I have some stuff just like that!" At that point, it was like OH CRAP! I realized that the loose stuff was MINE. So anyway, I'm grabbing all of this stuff and I have nothing to put it in, so basically I'm just making a pile at my feet of all of my personal items. My suitcase finally came around on the belt, and the zipper had popped open which let everything spill out. Amazingly enough, I recovered every single thing out of the suitcase.

I'm just glad that it was at the beginning of the trip, and not the end. At least everything was clean!

I bought one of these locally last night at a good price. Lower than a lot of internet places. Some things I don't like to buy on line. The biggest disasters for me buying on line have been electronics. I just bought a Ipod for someone that when it got here, looked like it had been out of the box a re-packaged. I didn't want to give it to them that way so I went to Circuit City and bought another one. I found out from researching TV's that some of them on line were built for other countries and the warranties do not apply here.

http://www.luggageonline.com/images/...M770103_lg.jpg

I see woman using this at the airports ALL the time!

Great purchase.

(thread over?)

You should pull the stick out of your ass.

How long have you worked at the airport?

travel for work 12-15 times a year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast