I've fixed 3 leaks in a goodman ht pump condensor coil in the past and today I found another 1.

Mod# CPKJ 30-1B
    ser# 9701070144

What is the warranty on the coil?

Oh yea, thanks.

5 YEARS

five years I believe

10 year warranty. Change out the coil and get whatever contaminants that are running through that system cleaned up. How is the indoor coil doing?

Remember, the heat pump coil is the evaporator coil in the heat mode. My guess is that if you have leaks developing in it you will also find leaks in the indoor coil.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    10 year warranty. Change out the coil and get whatever contaminants that are running through that system cleaned up. How is the indoor coil doing?

Remember, the heat pump coil is the evaporator coil in the heat mode. My guess is that if you have leaks developing in it you will also find leaks in the indoor coil.
    Thanks Robo, the evaporator had no signs of a freon leak. Ive repaired the bottom loop of the ht pump 3 times and its time to do something differant.
    Johnstone wasnt sure about the warranty, they couldnt come up with that paticular model # in their computor either. I'll order it in the morning. Thanks again.

Uh ohhhhhh....the bottom loop you say?

My guess is that this unit is not set up off of the ground. If the bottom loops are developing leaks they are most likely being damaged by ice accumulation built up during defrost.

Check to see if there is a disfiguration of the aluminum fins along the bottom rows of that coil. If so, pull back some of the fin material and see if the copper hasn't been crushed.

This is Turtle.

Like Apple and Robo said 10 years.

Now i have been there on this type unit and in most of the cases it was the tubing just as the entry tubing enters the condenser coil. Where the flow tubing is entering the condnser coil it will be there and make it very hard to find for it will show the leak with the H-10-G as being under the compressor as it blows out. Mr. Bubbles works good on this.

TURTLE

Turtle; in the area where you are located you may not be exposed to the crushed bottom tubing issues we get further north. Ice actually encases the bottom tubes during consecutive defrost cycles when the temperatures stay below freezing and eventually the ice crushes the lower tubing.