1. When you think your prepared for the "no heat" call before going in by grabbing a thermocouple, it will be a heat pump and you'll have to go back to your truck for the gauges, also vice versa.
2. A Ratio: the whiteness of the carpet to the amount of mud by the outdoor unit.
B Ratio: the amount of mud by the outdoor unit to the times you have to go to the thermostat.
C Ratio: the amount of dirt already in the home to the times the homeowner reminds you to wipe your feet.
3. Million dollar homes are owned by stingy people, thats why they have million dollar homes.
4. If the customer does not know where the filter is, you don't really want to find it.
5. "Can you get it through 1 more year" is not a question, if you can't, someone else will.
6. If you condemn a furnace because it is unsafe you will anger the homeowner, if you don't, you will have angered the homeowners survivors.
7. All customers know who to work on their systems, they just hire you because the work is beneath them.
8. When the salesman says it will be an easy job, he was looking at the wrong piece of equipment.
9. If the new guy says he knows how to install air handlers, and you send him by himself, air will be blowing from the returns, the drain trap will be backwards, and 18-8 will twisted together for the high voltage feed.
10. You'll do your best work in crawl spaces and attics where no one will see your work, and the jobs you are rushed through are in garages, closests, and utility rooms.
11. If you complete a metal duct system without cutting your hand, you will cut your finger on the invoice you'll write up.
12. Vertical PVC pipes in attics are called Drain, Waste, VENTS. When you dump the condensate into one, the customer will want to know why their house smells like a sewer.
13. If you braze a joint close to something plastic, you won't notice its melted until you need to use it. Also, if you use a piece of sheet metal to shield the torch from high voltage wiring, the metal will get hot, the wires outer and inner insulation will melt, and the sheet metal will become a conductor.
14.Even when the customer knows you are doing checks on their oil furnace they will turn down their thermostat right in the middle of doing your combustion tests because they were getting hot.
great now I got to go buy Ink for my printer...
73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"
The 5pm call on friday,you ask them when they started to notice the problem and they say tuesday.
your batteries will die in your flashlight when you are in the most miserable crawlspace of the year
the cellphone remains quiet until you turn onto your street from last call. Coincidentally you drove past the new call 45 min ago on way home- customer wanted to wait an extra hour to make sure that yes he does indeed need service NOW!
Look, just do your job, stay outta my way and we'll get along fine.
Teach your kids to respect themselves and others with your actions- these little baboons will imitate you like it or not.
If you just used your last igniter, transformer, sequencer, ECT... ECT... that will be the part you need on the next call