Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the government is full of crap with their EPA BS?

the thing i want to know is,

if Ozone is being destroyed,... but they know how to make Ozone... ?

It's two different kinds of Ozone....

Do you have your CFC card or not?

As I remember, (it was a long time ago that I cared about the CFC test) they covered all that in the study materials...

They have to target something,or they're out of a job. Sort of like the "endless" war on drugs that will never be won.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

hey i admit i'm not an expert, and i'm against any kind of pollution.

but the second i heard some of the 'envirionmental' stories, i thought that it all sounded like BS

i haven't met one old time AC guy who believes any of it.

O3 is O3 is O3

but the O3 compound doesn't survive at low altitude,
    there's no way to get around that?

the EPA and CODE tests even list the conspiracy thoeries as the bad answers

...and then there's the volcano argument, refrigerant is harmful but volcanos are not?

i don't think the government and their ozone stories hold water.

but i guess i should be thankful to the government for giving me job security.

Originally posted by wolfstrike
    hey i admit i'm not an expert, and i'm against any kind of pollution.

but the second i heard some of the 'envirionmental' stories, i thought that it all sounded like BS

i haven't met one old time AC guy who believes any of it.

O3 is O3 is O3

but the O3 compound doesn't survive at low altitude,
    there's no way to get around that?

the EPA and CODE tests even list the conspiracy thoeries as the bad answers

...and then there's the volcano argument, refrigerant is harmful but volcanos are not?

i don't think the government and their ozone stories hold water.

but i guess i should be thankful to the government for giving me job security.

Hey Look, I am a green, and an enviromentalist at heart, and I think that the whole ozone hole thing is a sham... Dupont just wanted to market a new refigerant, and make you buy recovery equipment. Shows you how much big business and government are holding hands...

Originally posted by oloenneker

Hey Look, I am a green, and an enviromentalist at heart, and I think that the whole ozone hole thing is a sham... Dupont just wanted to market a new refigerant, and make you buy recovery equipment. Shows you how much big business and government are holding hands...
    OMG! It's the "greens" who have pushed for that crap. What incentive did DuPont have to spend a bunch of bucks on a R&D for a new refrig?m They were making money hand over heels on R12, fer cryin' out loud. In our economy, cost is driven by demand when not tampered with. Environmentalists tampered with it and now it's skewed all to hell.

The env. wackos are the ones who are costing the consumer. It's the env. wackos who cause the consumer to be paying 5 times what he should have to in order to be comfortable, among other things.

THANK YOU, TREE HUGGERS! Now go play in the freeway around 5 p.m.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by bootlen

OMG! It's the "greens" who have pushed for that crap. What incentive did DuPont have to spend a bunch of bucks on a R&D for a new refrig?m They were making money hand over heels on R12, fer cryin' out loud. In our economy, cost is driven by demand when not tampered with. Environmentalists tampered with it and now it's skewed all to hell.

The env. wackos are the ones who are costing the consumer. It's the env. wackos who cause the consumer to be paying 5 times what he should have to in order to be comfortable, among other things.

THANK YOU, TREE HUGGERS! Now go play in the freeway around 5 p.m.
    Myth.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bootlen
    [OMG! It's the "greens" who have pushed for that crap. What incentive did DuPont have to spend a bunch of bucks on a R&D for a new refrig?m They were making money hand over heels on R12, fer cryin' out loud. In our economy, cost is driven by demand when not tampered with. Environmentalists tampered with it and now it's skewed all to hell.
    No.... Dupont pushed that crap about the ozone hole TO the enviromentalist so they could have a "legitimate" reason...

Do you know how much money it has cost to retool all those plants to make new refer and the equip. to reaclaim, recover and recycle that stuff??? Thats some big bucks YOU and I had to and still have to pay for. There is someone making money SELLING this equipment, and it is US the HVAC industry that is taking it in the rear, so some fat cat can make millions... I especially like how they even printed up information and sales pitches that you could tell your customers why the prices went up to justify you new "required" equipment..

And without some of these enviromental "wacko's" there would be no forests and the entire southwest would be one huge strip mine... Great way to make America, Which is so beautyful, into a huge shi!thole....I am willing to pay a little more for such things as Managed forests, and forestry products. Green ways to power our cars. If it costs a little more to save our planet, it will be worth it for many generations to come....

Some of the tree huggers are a little outa sorts and are really just domestic terrorists, but that is another thread in the making....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by oloenneker
    [OMG! It's the "greens" who have pushed for that crap. What incentive did DuPont have to spend a bunch of bucks on a R&D for a new refrig?m They were making money hand over heels on R12, fer cryin' out loud. In our economy, cost is driven by demand when not tampered with. Environmentalists tampered with it and now it's skewed all to hell.
    No.... Dupont pushed that crap about the ozone hole TO the enviromentalist so they could have a "legitimate" reason...

Do you know how much money it has cost to retool all those plants to make new refer and the equip. to reaclaim, recover and recycle that stuff??? Thats some big bucks YOU and I had to and still have to pay for. There is someone making money SELLING this equipment, and it is US the HVAC industry that is taking it in the rear, so some fat cat can make millions... I especially like how they even printed up information and sales pitches that you could tell your customers why the prices went up to justify you new "required" equipment..

And without some of these enviromental "wacko's" there would be no forests and the entire southwest would be one huge strip mine... Great way to make America, Which is so beautiful, into a huge shi!thole....I am willing to pay a little more for such things as Managed forests, and forestry products. Green ways to power our cars. If it costs a little more to save our planet, it will be worth it for many generations to come....

Some of the tree huggers are a little outa sorts and are really just domestic terrorists, but that is another thread in the making....

i dunno...

in Las Vegas they tried to expand the freeway and the envirionmentalists purchased an acre of desert property and declared it a wild life reserve,

there were lawsuits between the Seirra Club and the city that lasted for a few years.

Originally posted by wolfstrike
    i dunno...

in Las Vegas they tried to expand the freeway and the envirionmentalists purchased an acre of desert property and declared it a wild life reserve,

there were lawsuits between the Seirra Club and the city that lasted for a few years.

A wildlife preserve usually is decalerd by a government agency...

I know, the Sierra Club does stuff like this. They are the ACLU of the enviromentalists. They where not always that way, but unfortunately they have become that .. Kind of like how the Republican Party have become more and more NeoConservative...

Las vegas is the Los Angeles of Nevada, and has alot of polution problems, so I could see why they might want to do something like that, but that Ikinda dumb, since freeways produce less polution than street driving (engines running at higher temps, more complete combustion, less stops and starts which pollute the most) and the people are gonna drive cars wether we like it or not. The soution is less poluting cars and not blocking the progress of infastructure...

BTW, WTF made that peice of desert so "valuable" as a wildlife habitat?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by oloenneker

And without some of these enviromental "wacko's" there would be no forests and the entire southwest would be one huge strip mine... Great way to make America, Which is so beautyful, into a huge shi!thole....I am willing to pay a little more for such things as Managed forests, and forestry products. Green ways to power our cars. If it costs a little more to save our planet, it will be worth it for many generations to come....

Ya oughta go back and read your posts sometime when yer not hallucinating. ya wouldn't post as much.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bootlen

Ya oughta go back and read your posts sometime when yer not hallucinating. ya wouldn't post as much.
    Why dont you enlighten me a little, especially since I am seeing trails and stuff...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast