Thread: Old Trane info

I have an older Trane that has gone out. The model is TTRO036C100A0. I believe this is a 3.5 ton unit. The home it is in is the old family homested now a rental property soon to beup for sale. Located in TX. I am looking for a used unit that I can replace it with. I have access to an Intertherm Model 991H4271H? Supposedly 3.5 ton one year old, $XXX. I'm trying to find a good match. How can I verify that this is the correct tonage and what other factors should I know? High PSI, Low PSI? I am planning on having it professionally installed. But most licensed guys are not going to take the time to shop a good unit, I understand time is money. Advice?

(no pricing, due to site rules )

[Edited by jultzya on 02-13-2006 at 03:10 PM]

Old Trane info

The inside HVAC unit is only 7 years old and is in great condition. So little should be needed I hope.

That is 36,000 btu unit NOT 3.5 it is 3.0 ton.
    10.0 S.E.E.R.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

You might want to see if there are any professional contractors that will install a used unit that is possibly mismatched.. Before you buy a unit.. You may find no-one to install it.. Also, who is going to guarentee it is any good.. I would be wandering why it was removed..Problems for sure..

I know of no truly professional contractors that will install a used unit.. That would be asking for trouble.. Also, the cost of a new system is the installation more than the cost of the unit itself..

Good luck, I see trouble..
    J

Originally posted by Advanced Response
    I know of no truly professional contractors that will install a used unit.. That would be asking for trouble.. Also, the cost of a new system is the installation more than the cost of the unit itself..

Good luck, I see trouble..
    J
    With a capitol T

TTR036 is a 3 ton A/C outdoor unit. I have no idea what that Intertherm number is, doesn't look like an outdoor unit number. If the Trane had a matching coil, chances are it is also 3 ton so putting a 3.5 ton outdoor unit probably isn't the greatest idea. Might be better with an expansion valve added plus hard start components in the A/C but I can't picture the average contractor, especially one who will install this mess, doing it.