Thread: Old Trane info

Post Likes
    I have an older Trane that has gone out. The model is TTRO036C100A0. I believe this is a 3.5 ton unit. The home it is in is the old family homested now a rental property soon to beup for sale. Located in TX. I am looking for a used unit that I can replace it with. I have access to an Intertherm Model 991H4271H? Supposedly 3.5 ton one year old, $XXX. I'm trying to find a good match. How can I verify that this is the correct tonage and what other factors should I know? High PSI, Low PSI? I am planning on having it professionally installed. But most licensed guys are not going to take the time to shop a good unit, I understand time is money. Advice?

(no pricing, due to site rules )

[Edited by jultzya on 02-13-2006 at 03:10 PM]

Post Likes

Old Trane info

The inside HVAC unit is only 7 years old and is in great condition. So little should be needed I hope.

Post Likes
    That is 36,000 btu unit NOT 3.5 it is 3.0 ton.
    10.0 S.E.E.R.
    'Life begins with the journey each day'

Post Likes
    You might want to see if there are any professional contractors that will install a used unit that is possibly mismatched.. Before you buy a unit.. You may find no-one to install it.. Also, who is going to guarentee it is any good.. I would be wandering why it was removed..Problems for sure..

I know of no truly professional contractors that will install a used unit.. That would be asking for trouble.. Also, the cost of a new system is the installation more than the cost of the unit itself..

Good luck, I see trouble..
    J

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Advanced Response
    I know of no truly professional contractors that will install a used unit.. That would be asking for trouble.. Also, the cost of a new system is the installation more than the cost of the unit itself..

Good luck, I see trouble..
    J
    With a capitol “T”

Post Likes
    TTR036 is a 3 ton A/C outdoor unit. I have no idea what that Intertherm number is, doesn't look like an outdoor unit number. If the Trane had a matching coil, chances are it is also 3 ton so putting a 3.5 ton outdoor unit probably isn't the greatest idea. Might be better with an expansion valve added plus hard start components in the A/C but I can't picture the average contractor, especially one who will install this mess, doing it.