jeff-4 is offline Waiting Email Confirmation
    I recently had an Aprilaire 5000 electronic air cleaner installed. I had asked for the Aprilaire 5000, and the company techs really only had experience installing Honeywell cleaners. They somewhat reluctantly agreed to bid and install the Aprilaire as part of a big job (replacing furnace and AC). The install seems to be just fine, except that to correctly orient the 5000 with the airflow, the unit was installed upside down.

Because of its orientation with respect to the wall, the accessible furnace side has the return duct coming down and entering the furnace from the right-hand-side. If you look at the installation guide, only left-hand-side returns are shown.

I know gravity has nothing to do with these units and it should operate just fine, but I am a little troubled looking at the upside down faceplate.

My question to you experienced people out there.., is it possible to rotate the faceplate 180 degrees to be upright? Or do I just blissfully ignore the upside down faceplate?

Thanks a bunch for any responses.

Should be able to flip the face plate around.

I haven't actually tried this, yet, but the installer said he tried and that the connections didn't line up correctly (and the unit didn't work).

Maybe there is more to reconfigure than simply flipping the faceplate?

The powerpack doesn't change, only the little 2x2 plate with Aprilaire's logo on it will flip.

Originally posted by BaldLoonie
    The powerpack doesn't change, only the little 2x2 plate with Aprilaire's logo on it will flip.
    Aha! I guess this will solve most of my problem (though the power switch still reads upside down). I'll take a look at this tonight!

Just put one in last week and as baldloonie said only the nameplte flips over and the power pack stays the same, and yes the on \off switch is upside down but it doesn't affect the opperation of the unit

Just flipped the tag, and it looks great! You guys are brilliant! Thanks!