Bowing of air filter
    What does it mean when the return air filter is pushed up into the duct when replaced? It's from the pressure of the air going into the system of course, but what is that telling me exactly about my system? I use a Ultra... something 1250 Allergan? I forget the name.. One inch thick filter 14X30 inches.

I ask this because I'm co0ntemplating installing a Aprilaire media filter 2400 or similar and would like to get an idea of how things are going to work, or not work.

probably air filter to restrictive.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    You need to have the ESP(external static pressure ) of the duct system and current filter measured.

1" pleated, 3M allergen type filters, are often too restrictive ,reduce the systems air flow and can damage the equipment,increase operating costs,etc.,etc..

14 X 30 is best suited for a two to two and a half ton cooling system.Can you post the model numbers of your system?

I have both forced heat and AC on the unit for my first floor. I've always thought it was oversized but as a homeowner, I don't know. Just from what I've read here, it looks that way. I believe the unit is 2.5 tons and 100k btu. I'll check if I can. It's in the attiv and I need a ladder to get up there. This is for my first floor which is 800square feet. Rehab construction 5 years ago, well insulate.

This is what I got off of the unit.

RUUD AAF1100

Model # UGPH

Temp rise 50-80

Static pressure .15 .50

The outside unit is a RUUD 030AJA? 2.5 tons.