I have a building that I service that has XL10's and Smart VAV box's with a XI586 front end. Well one of the VAV box's quit reading so I used LonSpec to link thru the Stat to look at it. This was the first time using LonSpec and I noticed that none of the VAV box'x were saying they were commisined, so me and my logic say's hey lets commision them. Now they show up as Point Not responding at the front end. Honeywell rep says only Evision can commision them. Any Ideas what went wrong? Thanks Chris

Lonspec

Chris, I'm by no means an authority on this, but I do know that the XL10's and the VAV controllers have the capability of being programmed using Lonspec or Care, in which Care is a totally different animal. Another thing I know is that if you have Lonspec software, but did not create the job in your computer, then you need a copy of the original job configuration. Or, you identify all of the components, setup a job in Lonspec and compile all of the devices, manually enter the neuron ID's for each device and then do an upload. However, this will not retrieve the bindings that may have been configured that allow the devices to share data. Not to sound negative, but it sounds like you're not gonna have a very good day. ---gman

Do you have a zone manager on this system? If so, then you will need the Evision file that was used to set up this project. When you commissioned the devices through Lonspec you lost the controller bindings and configurations, unless you had a Lonspec ntb file for this project.

Ohhh crap

Codewriter is "The Man" for LonSpec... Hopefully he will check in. From my limited experience the "not commissioned" icon is only there because your Lonspec "projects" file didn't have that project in it...

Thanks, but I am far from "the man" on anything...

LonSpec is ONLY for XL10's and XL15's. Yes, LonSpec CAN be used to program the W7751's, HOWEVER, only on systems where there is nothing other than 10's and 15's.
    The XI586 is not part of the LCBS line, and therefore LonSpec can not see nor program it.
    I only know enough about Evision/CARE to be dangerous, you better listen to others like lwarren when it comes to what to do to get yourself out of trouble.

Anytime you come across a job that does require LonSpec, make sure you adhear to what gman said as well.

Not to put salt on your wound, but did'nt you think about why you were not seeing the XI on LonSpec before you went even further?

GOOD LUCK!
    I wish I had a magic answer for you!

I have been in the same spot. Entering node numbers to be able to program controllers not on my computer. What i have found is hook up using Lon-Station to get numbers but also just as important the controllers name. Save this info to use later for job file. After uploading controllers fill free to make changes and configure. I have dome this several times due to three PC's and not having a good practice to share site info between techs.

Well Honeywell guy will be here Thursday and he has the original job thru Care/Evision, we are tiring to get Care 5 now. I guess I'll look at this as a learning experience, I've been after the boss to send a few of us to school on this, and hopefully he'll reconsider. Thanks for the help.

If you want the best training on Care, Evision, LCBS, Lonspec, etc, look at the following links. Vernon Peterson is an excelent instructor on Honeywell systems

http://xl5000training.com/symenduser.htm.

http://www.XL5000Training.com

I will second the props for Vern. Just got back from Orlando after 3 days in the LCBS level 2 class. Last year in level 1 he impressed me as one of the best teachers I have ever had and this year it was confirmed. If you decide you want some classes on Care or Lcbs, Vern is the man.........l8r