Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Make sure you get the tube in the filter far enough.
    But not so far it is hitting the screen.

jim
    Common sense isn't very common anymore.

I cannot understand why someone would choose to remove 2" from the cap tube,thinking that will remove the restriction. How do you know only 2,4,6,8'' is restricted. Replacement is always the only the only option, this way you eliminate going back and doing it all over thinking (1) I coulda ,shoulda change it when it was empty. ( 2) I wonder if it's still restricted. (3) Now I'm sure it's not the problem .

got it

I got it fixed. When I installed new drier last time I crimped the cap tube. Thank you all.

befor you replace the filter try to push some nitrogen through the system while open and see if you get any air flow out of the cap tube just to make sure it is not clogged. on the co32 cap t make sure to take a look at the arrow on the filter and it has to go towards the evap

Quote Originally Posted by ararams View Post
    I cannot understand why someone would choose to remove 2" from the cap tube,thinking that will remove the restriction. How do you know only 2,4,6,8'' is restricted. Replacement is always the only the only option, this way you eliminate going back and doing it all over thinking (1) I coulda ,shoulda change it when it was empty. ( 2) I wonder if it's still restricted. (3) Now I'm sure it's not the problem .
    Well i guess in his case replacement was not his only option. Also removing a few inches is a good starting point if your not replaceing the tube. I have found may R134a cap tubes waxed up after the filter. That being said i always try to replace a cap tube with new compressors if it has easy access. Not all are and on a domestic fridge labor can add up fast makeing them not worth fixing. I have found that by watching my gauges on shut down the equalization time will give one the answer.

The equalization was taking a while.

Quote Originally Posted by beer-b-q View Post
    The equalization was taking a while.
    I have seen them start fast on the higher pressure then slow down and not equalize. Did you not check the I.D.opening when you first installed ?

I did it looked good to me.

Did that fix it?

It is running great -5 suction 105 high.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12