Restaurant Exhaust Hood Question

I am working on a exhaust fan for a kitchen hood for a restaurant. It hasn't been cleaned in forever. There is tons of grease baked onto the surfaces. I was wondering what degreaser should be used to clean this. Will a strong coil cleaner work?

The fan wheel also came apart. I cannot find any numbers anywhere on the fan. I measured up the wheel, but none of the supply houses can find the wheel that way. They said i need a number off of the fan or the hood. I cannot find any numbers anywhere. What can i do? I don't know the cfm or anything that this fan needs to move. There is a grease receptacle under the fan. Maybe the label is covered in grease there? Any help would be appreciated. I do not get into this type of equipment very much.

Thanks!
    J. King

Hate to say it but your probably better off finding your customer a good used one. That wheel is more then the unit is worth. Check E-Bay.

Get the curb size, wheel diameter, motor voltage hp and rpm, match up a replacement.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

It was working when I left...
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Do yourself and the restaurant a favor. Get them set up with a good hood cleaning company and replace the fan. In some areas its the law to have your hoods cleaned every couple of months.
    http://acfwb.com/

"The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today"

A picture of it, and I might be able to tell you the brand. Is the grease collector rectangular? Is the motor cooling vent oval, split on the underside, and held in place with a steel clip on each end? Describe the top to access the motor, and what kind of screws does it have on it?

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    A picture of it, and I might be able to tell you the brand. Is the grease collector rectangular? Is the motor cooling vent oval, split on the underside, and held in place with a steel clip on each end? Describe the top to access the motor, and what kind of screws does it have on it?
    I can take a picture on Monday. The fan hangs on the outside wall. The grease collector is rectangler which starts to reduce down to allow internal slope to a drain in the collector. The fan cover has slotted cooling vents in it. The motor is right behind the cover. It is a Leeson motor with a cradle base on it, but that base isn't used. They have bolts that go right into the front of the motor. 6 nuts and bolts need to be removed to pull the entire fan assembly out. The whell is about 14.5". The vanes are riveted on. There is no steel clip on this fan. They have it attached to the building with mush head anchors. I will try and get a picture. Do you know who would sell wheels for these things? Is there a generic wheel that a supply house could match up. I think alot of my local supply houses may be lazy because they all tell me without a model number on the fan they can't do anything because all fans are special to there application. Any help on this will be appreciated. I told the customer to get a new fan, but due to the expense they do not want to do it. They would rather fix it, and have a professional clean the grease out. What is more expensive repair or replace? I am sure the wheels aren't cheap.
    J. King

My Kitchen Fans are all on the roof, I've had to put shaft and bearings in all of them. Fan, shaft, and bearings from OEM are more expensive than the whole fan. That was why I was careful pressing the fan off the shaft. We used a jack in a wide door way. They are a pita to line up so the fan doesn't click against the housing. Greenhecks Model No. Plate is just above the square base, on the round part.

I know that this is a direct drive fan. To me that seems a little odd because this fan is pretty big. I don't know if that helps any?
    J. King

use simple green it has worked on everything i have had to clean.

Does it blast the Air out or towards the wall? If it is a downblast, "blast towards the wall," it's not even to code.