+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting Started

Post Likes
    I'm Intrested In Getting In To HVAC. But More In To The Controls Aspect Of It. What I Want To Know Is Where To Go To School. I Was Thinking Of Going To Lincoln Tech. But Is There Any School Where They Teach More The Controls. Or IF You Specialize In Controls How Did You Get In To It. Any Info Would Be Appreciated.

Post Likes
    Look to the right of the screen, where it says "HVAC Industry Guide", check under "Schools", there may be something there near you. I have only met 2 people from LincTech that knew their stuff, the others are... well... lets just say they are bodies...

Post Likes
    yourkillinme,

I recommend starting out in commercial service.If you understand hvac systems operation which you will learn as a service tech, down the road you will be a much better controls tech. I know too many controls people who have not done service and they typically fail miserably.It's like joining a rock and roll band and then learning to play an instrument after the fact.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by duke of earl
    yourkillinme,

I recommend starting out in commercial service.If you understand hvac systems operation which you will learn as a service tech, down the road you will be a much better controls tech. I know too many controls people who have not done service and they typically fail miserably.It's like joining a rock and roll band and then learning to play an instrument after the fact.
    And not only did you join that rock and roll band and not know how to play an instrument but you also don't know how to sing.

I agree with duke of earl. You'll learn a lot of valuable information in the commercial service feild like why things die and what causes them to die, short cycling, too low of temps, etc.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in