Thread: Question about Mr. Slim

Post Likes
    I recently had a Mr. Slim installed. My question pertains to the indoor unit. There is a high pitch background sound in addition to the airflow sound coming out of the indoor unit. The high pitch sound is subtle but still easily noticeable and, frankly, and little annoying. The pitch fluctuates with the fan speed; thus I assume that it stems from either the fan motor or the intake air coming into the unit. Is this a normal operating noise? Can anything be done to eliminate or reduce this background sound when the unit is running? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    Have your installer come back.
    They might find something rubbing the wheel or it may need oiled.
    Or may need a new motor
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Post Likes
    check the filter and call back the contractor those units should run very quiet. thanks

gto boy Guest
    Should be quiet.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jumper1
    I recently had a Mr. Slim installed. My question pertains to the indoor unit. There is a high pitch background sound in addition to the airflow sound coming out of the indoor unit. The high pitch sound is subtle but still easily noticeable and, frankly, and little annoying. The pitch fluctuates with the fan speed; thus I assume that it stems from either the fan motor or the intake air coming into the unit. Is this a normal operating noise? Can anything be done to eliminate or reduce this background sound when the unit is running? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    All you should hear is the fan blowing the air. Nothing else. Call back the installer.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Post Likes
    jeffshvac is correct, When the air screen filter get's dirty they will start to whine or whistle.

Post Likes
    might be the styro foam shipping block that keeps the fan in place? sanyo units have them

Post Likes
    Originally posted by joker dan
    might be the styro foam shipping block that keeps the fan in place? sanyo units have them
    To me it sounds like the unit was just installed. I can't see that the filters are already dirty. We install them units and I agree that the styrofoam does shift and also, the bearing blocks shift or there might be something stuck near the fan motor or the actuator for the louvers. That is why I think that you should call the installers. It may be just something simple like what is described.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in