Thread: My new gig

Definitely a niche area of the industry....ought to be an interesting challenge. Start Monday

http://www.dryrooms.com/

couldnt read the words in the diagram upper left corner
    "restiration air" ?

good luck .i hope the have a dallas office. houston is a hole

Thanks Jake ...that's "Reactivation air".

I'll be on the road or on a plane so much they said I could live anywhere I wanted. I don't have to move to Houston....I've seen and surely will see worse places than Houston.

I shouldnt say stuff like that.
    Anyway,thats good news ,and makes perfect sense as their is not a great demand for 1% humidity rooms (-40 degree dew point)...not that i have ever heard of.

"elimination of harmful r502 and r13 systems,reducing ozone depletion by 90%" ,okay

But what is use of these,pharmaceutical or electronic manufacture ?

Pharmaceutical plants sometimes need to cultivate batches of living organisms like the fungi that are use to make penicillin...and they need an optimum stable temperature and RH to produce the needed amount in the shortest time frame...

Plants that produce "plasma" TV screens have found that a high RH in the manufacturing environment results in early failures and are enclosing some phases of the manufacturing process in environmental chambers.

Computer chip manufacturers need a clean and stable temp/RH environment.

Archives and museums (where I was exposed to these systems) need those chambers to extend the life of paintings, film, and documents...
    Usually in museums only a small percentage of their collection is out hanging in the galleries.... the majority is stored in vaults and the exhibitions are rotated to limit their time in harsher environments.

Each industry has different requirements, some warm and humid and others dry and cold.... but all have to be stable
    with minimal fluctuation.

The HVAC manufacturers have environmental chambers where they have to certify the SEER ratings of their units(splits and package units) in differing simulated outdoor and indoor temperatures and humidities.... my first job with this company will be at an HVAC manufacturer (Hello Robo) installing chambers for SEER testing.

[Edited by ozone drone on 02-11-2006 at 09:40 PM]

Hey C, that's fantastic! I was really hoping you'd get the SCSI gig and looks like ya nailed it. Congrats!

Seems to all work out, doesn't it? You hung in there even when things got bleak and look what you landed. Your work on the cold storage at the museum got your feet wet for this new gig. It's all good.

Good luck on your new venture Monday, and again congratulations!
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Way to go Ozone! That is great. Good luck.

r404a

Talking

Hey Ozone Give me a call and I will treat you to lunch or dinner.

James Poplin
    713-979-0720

Thanks, Cameron, 404...Hi James....I'm supposed to be in Houston all this coming week...I'll give you a call ...weird how much a situation can change in a year... hope you landed on your feet...

Lithium batteries require <than 2% rh worked on a system recently the condensing units actualy sit in a room that is the air handler.If you spend half a day in there it will make your throat burn.Very interesting system this one was r-22,oil seperators,oil reservoirs,and floats by ac&r just like a rack system,also has a dessicant wheel.I believe munters was the manufactuer,like the dry cool units on super wally world(the demise of the country once run by moms and pops everywhere)I hate walkmart.