Sitelink-12 port setup

Working at a site that has a Sitelink-12 connected to an ALC LGR1000 using the ARC156 Bacnet network and need to move the Sitelink-12 to a new Bacnet MSTP network. Tried moving the jumpers to 9600/38k but I am not able to discover the Sitelink. I was told by a Liebert rep the we need to use the factory software to change from CMNet to Bacnet MSTP.
    This site has the ALC-Webctrl software and looks like I can setup Modbus or Bacnet MSTP on port 1. Web-Ctrl doesn’t let me change the CMnet port but I really don’t care as long as I get Bacnet MSTP.

Can I actually enable Bacnet MSTP on the Sitelink Port A (Called port 1 in Web-Ctrl) using Web-CTRL?

You should be able to enable BACnet MS/TP on the LRG100in WebCTRL, but I highly doubt you can change the configuration on the Sitelink via WebCTRL.

Under the Drivers tab on the Sitelink, I have the option to select a port for MSTP or Modbus and save.

Quote Originally Posted by krac View Post
    Working at a site that has a Sitelink-12 connected to an ALC LGR1000 using the ARC156 Bacnet network and need to move the Sitelink-12 to a new Bacnet MSTP network. Tried moving the jumpers to 9600/38k but I am not able to discover the Sitelink. I was told by a Liebert rep the we need to use the factory software to change from CMNet to Bacnet MSTP.
    This site has the ALC-Webctrl software and looks like I can setup Modbus or Bacnet MSTP on port 1. Web-Ctrl doesn’t let me change the CMnet port but I really don’t care as long as I get Bacnet MSTP.

Can I actually enable Bacnet MSTP on the Sitelink Port A (Called port 1 in Web-Ctrl) using Web-CTRL?
    Yes you can, but you'll be blind. If you want to see what is going on you'll need WebCTRL. So add a MS/TP Network to the LGR and wire the Sitelink to the S1 port on the LGR (Defaults to 76800 so you'll need to change that too). Then add whatever ms/tp device you want.
    What are trying to do? If your looking for Bacnet points the LGR already is doing that via Bacnet IP.
    If you doing care to see the programming/graphics then flip the switch to MS/TP at the Sitelink and you'll be good to go.

We are connecting the Sitelink to another system and don't need connectivity to the LGR. The Sitelink is currently using CM-Net (Arc156) to communicate with the LGR1000. When I look at the Sitelink 12 MSTP protocol setup from Web-Ctrl no port is selected.

Is this a SiteLink-12 2mb with no network port? Or is it a SiteLink-12E with a network port?

IF a SiteLink-12 2mb currently working on ARCnet you should be able to move the ARCnet/9600/38400 3 pin jumper to the 9600/38400 side. Then Dip switch 1 up is 38400 and down is 9600. Wire your MS/TP to the same 3 pin CMnet connection that was connected to ARCnet. The rotary switches are the MAC address, don't change, just observe.
    Note: a common misconfiguration for this module is to do MS/TP on port A, you don't want that.

If a SiteLink-E you set up MS/TP on S1 almost exactly the same way you configure an LGR. I think it's Dip switch 4 and configure the rest in hyperterminal.
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own

[QUOTE=
    IF a SiteLink-12 2mb currently working on ARCnet you should be able to move the ARCnet/9600/38400 3 pin jumper to the 9600/38400 side. Then Dip switch 1 up is 38400 and down is 9600. Wire your MS/TP to the same 3 pin CMnet connection that was connected to ARCnet. The rotary switches are the MAC address, don't change, just observe.
    [/QUOTE]

It's the Sitelink-12 2mb setup as ARCnet. I tried moving the jumper and wasn't sure which dip switch that set the baud but I tried but 9600 and 38k speeds and was not able to discover the Sitelink. RX light was flashing on the Sitelink, that's when I reached out to my local Liebert contact who said I need to download a new config to the Sitelink using MSTP. I know I have done this before without needing to download the Sitelink.

Did you power off the module?
    After you change jumpers the module needs to be rebooted. Or it should be turned off while changing jumpers.
    Might be oblivious but hadn't been mentioned yet.

I shut the Sitelink down, moved the jumper then powered it back up.

I guess the key question is does it still work on ARCnet if you put it back?

Other random thoughts
    For MS/TP the other dip switches need to be left off. You don't want to wire to port A or B, wire to the CMnet port.