Post Likes

Niagara AX 3.8.111 - PxViews - Co2 points for just some units

We have a few VAVs that have CO2 sensors wired up to them and we need to display the readings on the respective pxview graphics. So what is the best way to add the point to the existing graphics without it changing all the other VAV graphics that don't have CO2? I tried creating a new PxView and just added the CO2 point to the existing px, but it still changes all the other VAVs as well since they're relativized. Thanks for the advice.

Post Likes
    Add the CO2 point to your VAV px, but in the properties of the bound label (assuming that's what you are using), set the "degrade behavior" to "hide". That way, if the point doesn't exist in a particular VAV, that value won't show up when the graphic is displayed for that particular controller.

3. Likes MaxBurn liked this post
    Post Likes
    Hey davem, thanks for the tip, that will save me a lot of frustration in the future! At first after I tried it, I thought I would still have to live with the display name label ("CO2") showing up on all the graphics even if the actual point value stayed hidden. But I took a few breaths and realized I can just add the "CO2" right in the format text box so now the user will be able to see "CO2 xxx ppm" Thanks again!

Post Likes
    Another technique for that, although more tedious, is to add a "Value Binding" to a piece of text, ord'ed to that CO2 point, and again set the degrade behavior to hidden. I use this particular technique, not so much for pieces of text that could otherwise be included with the datapoint (as you discovered), but on graphical elements (like hot water coils and discharge temp sensors) that may not exist on all of my VAV's.

Post Likes
    If I have some extra graphics on only some pages like a CO2 or reheat or fintube (that require differnt graphics layout and not just data links that can be hidden) I locate the VAV page in the PX folder and copy it over to VAVwithX. Then I create a page and apply the VAVwithX to it instead of VAV.