The head of Israel's security agency, Shin Bet, has said his country may come to regret the overthrow of former Iraq President Saddam Hussein.

Says Iraq "in chaos."

http://news.bbc.co.uk./2/hi/middle_east/4696038.stm
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Germany was chaos in 1945 look at it now.
    The Jews will agree that is better now.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

This ain't Germany in 1945 by a long shot. Almost looks like the Sunni's and Shiite's (spelling??) are ready to unite against the "occupancy" from what I have read. Tough situation all round, and getting worse.
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

double post deleted
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Originally posted by mccool
    This ain't Germany in 1945 by a long shot. Almost looks like the Sunni's and Shiite's (spelling??) are ready to unite against the "occupancy" from what I have read. Tough situation all round, and getting worse.
    You are correct. Any comparison between the occupations of Iraq and Germany is historically invalid and displays a shallow understanding of both situations.

Chapman Cohen

My comparison was meant to prove a point. That was that the Israel is complaining about a job someone else is doing to keep them safe in the end.

Post war Germany was chaos maybe not as much or the same as Iraq but there were different stakes in each case. Pre-war Germany was very orderly they just rounded up the Jews and put them in ovens. Pre war Iraq was orderly step out of line and die. After each war was over there was/is chaos until a government could be established.

My point is: welcome some post war chaos it distracts your former enemy from killing you.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

The Middle East has been a powder keg for centuries. The attacks on the U.S. was the lighting of the match that lit the Afghanistan and Iraq invasion fuse. The powder keg has been ignited. Now is just a matter of who is going to be standing after the explosion eventually subsides.

Israel was headed for worse conditions prior to current conditions. At least now we hava a better defined enemy.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Saddam was backed because he was keeping people in check.

Saddam started making anti-Israel statements and started arming the country,

he's not in power anymore is he!

Originally posted by hvacbear

My point is: welcome some post war chaos it distracts your former enemy from killing you.
    Except that our soldiers are being killed daily.

Chapman Cohen

Originally posted by geerair
    Originally posted by hvacbear

Except that our soldiers are being killed daily.
    Precisely my point OUR soldiers not Israeli soldiers.

Albert Einstein