Thread: Seer rating based upon model YORK

Post Likes
    New house under construction and builder is "supposed" to install min 12 SEER rated AC. This is in TExas with AC/Gas heating combo systems (3 units). I looked at one of the air handler/evap/furnace combo in the attic and on label is York G2F0030H17G as model number. I guess part of that says 3 ton (030). Anyone have a way to cross reference this to see what SEER rating and also if this is an older model from before the mandatory 13 SEER switchover?

Label also says for either R22 or 401a don't know if that indicates anything.

Thanks

[Edited by ketch on 02-09-2006 at 10:32 PM]

Post Likes
    030 = 2 1/2 ton not 3... also need more info to determine seer rating. outdoor unit, metering device , outdoor specs.....

Post Likes
    As dave said thats a 2.5 ton rated indoor coil.

Yor contractor may be matching it with a 2 ton outdoor unit for higher seer rating.

So it will depend on the outdoor unit match for seer rating.

That coil can be used for either r 22, or r410a refrigerant.

Post Likes
    thanks, I am going back today for more info. Are you saying that the compressor unit plays a more significant role in the SEER rating?

Post Likes
    Absolutely. Gotta know what's inside & outside both to give a SEER. High SEER can use the same coil, may need an expansion valve.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in