+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Filter Service

Post Likes

National Filter Service

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about these guys? I can't find anything on them.

http://nationalfilterservice.com/

Post Likes
    I would not do it. the tab on their website show you will work 14 11.5 hr days for $2240 "gross" or $14an hour. They have you out of town for 14 days straight and don't pay meals. I would hope you could do better overall staying in town.

Post Likes
    Am starting to think I may not in this area. None of my interviews have turned up anything. Is getting frustrating.

Post Likes
    I like the statements that are expected to lift a ladder 15 to 20 times a day and carry things up the ladder with you. I guess they never heard of the OSHA ladder safety rules.
    Politicians need to be changed like diapers, and for the same reason.
    Mark Twain

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostTiger View Post
    Am starting to think I may not in this area. None of my interviews have turned up anything. Is getting frustrating.
    It is a job and if you need to feed the family....

one thing to look at is it seems you work 14 days a month. That leaves you 1/2 a month to look for a better job.

Post Likes
    I worked for National Filter Service for about 6 months. In that six months, I was home less than two weeks. I was flown to the East Coast to run a "14 day route". That route turned into 6 weeks with not a single day off. This is not easy work either. I dont mind working hard, but this was just crazy. You have a 32 foot ladder, and a 35 foot wall, and the store is your last stop within maybe 200 miles, and its closed for the weekend, what are you gonna do? I literally had to put that 32 foot ladder on the roof of the van to reach the roof. Ive had them tell me I used too much gas, and it might be pulled from my pay, and had them tell me my allowance for motel was set at $75 max on Memorial Weekend, and the cheapest crap motel for 20 miles around was $125 a night. I had to pay the difference or sleep in the van. I also found out more about the owner, Chris Fairchild, owned a ranch house that he rented out to some employees from out of the country, and charged them so much that they couldn't save enough to even leave, and for rooms that they used only 1 or 2 nights per month. He is a snake!
    I was then flown to the Pacific Northwest to run another "14 day route". What a joke. I covered 8 states! And to top it off, it got into Winter, and the chains in the truck were completely worn out and broken. The ladder was bent so bad it couldn't be used, and I was asked "oh how did that happen?" as if I did it. I worked my butt off to make a living, and represent the company in a good way, and they treated me like I was out to sabotage the route. I drove 16 hours in Wyoming, with headwind pushing 90mph or more because I had to. That F150 had over 600,000 miles on it, was all over the road. On its 3rd engine, transmission, but just completely shot. I doubt it was getting more than 7 miles per gallon in that wind, but I was still expected to get the same milage per gallon. The GPS/PDA they provided was useless. It would tell you to turn a 1/4 mile past your exits. I had to rely on my own.
    And let me tell you about the route that takes you to downtown Compton CA., on Martin Luther King Blvd. Shopping mall with no parking at all for a tall van or truck with a ladder on it. I had to walk a half mile carrying my filters, frames, drill, all that way, go inside, find the security office, leave your drivers lic with them, go up a ladder with all your things onto the roof, and then not have a clue which of the 50 or so HVAC units were yours. Keep in mind, I was the only white guy for 10 miles! No one would help me, or even have anything to do with me. Honestly I was surprised the truck was there in one piece when I got back. And by the way, everything you own(luggage, tools, clothes, phone charger)everything is left in the truck all day. You have no other choice.
    I could go on and on here about slipping on ice on a sloped rooftop in Montana, to the many times I almost fell when the wind blew me sideways on top of the ladder.
    I only blogged here in hopes that someone who needs work badly will consider what I have said and look elsewhere. This job pays maybe $3 per hour when its all said and done! And you have to buy food on the road all day, everyday with that!

Post Likes
    Why'd you last longer than 6 days?!

Post Likes
    Holy Crap!

Post Likes
    The "water filter tech" position sounds like a better deal.... Screw taking the ladder off the truck 15 to 20 times.

Post Likes

More about National Filter Service

The more I think about it, the more that company screwed me big time. I finally told my wife on the phone I couldn't take it anymore, and I might die doing this!
    This company also threw something else on me. With filter material compacted in the F150 with a tall shell by me, packed so tightly in it that the roof bulges out, and had to leave the tailgate down and buy rope to tie even more boxes on the back...they tell me i am also going to be changing water filters AND doing coil cleanings. The water filters were easy IF you know how, which I didn't. I figured it out after burning up a 7 Eleven's water pump in a soda machine! The manager was pissed! Another service guy showed up to fix that while I was still there, and showed me how to shut it off so it wont burn out. No one wants you there changing them. The corporate office makes them do it!
    Then I had to do a coil cleaning on the roof of a sushi place. Again, no room in the truck for the chem sprayers, chemicals, hoses, extra belts(had to change belts in the blowers too)wrenches, filters too. I opened up the units, and mixed the chemicals, started spraying. The wind from the blowers blew the chemical all over my legs(wearing shorts) face and arms. It started burning really bad. There is no water on the roof to wash this crap off with, so I ran for the ladder, and as I tried to climb over, with my body burning really bad, I couldn't grip the ladder because of the slippery chemical and almost fell. I had to wash it all off with a greasy hose out back.
    DONT WORK FOR THEM!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtlassen1992 View Post
    I worked for National Filter Service for about 6 months. In that six months, I was home less than two weeks. I was flown to the East Coast to run a "14 day route". That route turned into 6 weeks with not a single day off. This is not easy work either. I dont mind working hard, but this was just crazy. You have a 32 foot ladder, and a 35 foot wall, and the store is your last stop within maybe 200 miles, and its closed for the weekend, what are you gonna do? I literally had to put that 32 foot ladder on the roof of the van to reach the roof. Ive had them tell me I used too much gas, and it might be pulled from my pay, and had them tell me my allowance for motel was set at $75 max on Memorial Weekend, and the cheapest crap motel for 20 miles around was $125 a night. I had to pay the difference or sleep in the van. I also found out more about the owner, Chris Fairchild, owned a ranch house that he rented out to some employees from out of the country, and charged them so much that they couldn't save enough to even leave, and for rooms that they used only 1 or 2 nights per month. He is a snake!
    I was then flown to the Pacific Northwest to run another "14 day route". What a joke. I covered 8 states! And to top it off, it got into Winter, and the chains in the truck were completely worn out and broken. The ladder was bent so bad it couldn't be used, and I was asked "oh how did that happen?" as if I did it. I worked my butt off to make a living, and represent the company in a good way, and they treated me like I was out to sabotage the route. I drove 16 hours in Wyoming, with headwind pushing 90mph or more because I had to. That F150 had over 600,000 miles on it, was all over the road. On its 3rd engine, transmission, but just completely shot. I doubt it was getting more than 7 miles per gallon in that wind, but I was still expected to get the same milage per gallon. The GPS/PDA they provided was useless. It would tell you to turn a 1/4 mile past your exits. I had to rely on my own.
    And let me tell you about the route that takes you to downtown Compton CA., on Martin Luther King Blvd. Shopping mall with no parking at all for a tall van or truck with a ladder on it. I had to walk a half mile carrying my filters, frames, drill, all that way, go inside, find the security office, leave your drivers lic with them, go up a ladder with all your things onto the roof, and then not have a clue which of the 50 or so HVAC units were yours. Keep in mind, I was the only white guy for 10 miles! No one would help me, or even have anything to do with me. Honestly I was surprised the truck was there in one piece when I got back. And by the way, everything you own(luggage, tools, clothes, phone charger)everything is left in the truck all day. You have no other choice.
    I could go on and on here about slipping on ice on a sloped rooftop in Montana, to the many times I almost fell when the wind blew me sideways on top of the ladder.
    I only blogged here in hopes that someone who needs work badly will consider what I have said and look elsewhere. This job pays maybe $3 per hour when its all said and done! And you have to buy food on the road all day, everyday with that!

Post Likes
    That's hilarious, sounds like a great reality show idea... Lol.

Post Likes

Boise

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I like the statements that are expected to lift a ladder 15 to 20 times a day and carry things up the ladder with you. I guess they never heard of the OSHA ladder safety rules.
    And Boise was one of the many cities I worked at. I drove from Boise to Billings non stop for a 10 minute filter change job, then my next stop was Coeur D'Alene after that, and I did that in one day! Skaroooo that!

Post Likes
    Just know that 75% of the 7 Elevens you go to will ask you to come back later, which you can't. The filters are always located in the storage areas, and you have to move crap at each stop for 20 minutes before getting started. Also, learn how to shut off the soda and slurpy machines before turning off the water. UHHGGG just dont work for NFS!

Post Likes
    These might be the guys y i find blue filters but a belt torn 2 pieces,, blue ice i call IT... Always thought last mechanic was there on a friday and didnt follow up
    Customer is alWays opposite of Left

Post Likes
    This guy seems happy working there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5NS8U_X6TE

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Probably his last stop on his last day before he dumps the truck at a bus station. This is the "I'm outta here and I sabotaged this guys equipment" gangsta dance...

Post Likes
    Anyway...where's the unwatch thread button? This is gonna give me bad dreams.

Post Likes
    So do you think it's a good place to work or not?
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Lmfao. I just spit my tea out.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    That YouTube link killed it so funny. I am reading how life's so ruff being a filter biotch and then I see that guy doing his " I set the ladder up " dance
    LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in