Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by mayguy
    You will have to be the judge of yourself in your own home if you want to run the fan all the time.
    I agree. Everyone is going to have their own opinion but ultimately you will have to decide which way you want to go. We are running the blower all the time right now but don't know what we will do in the summer. Try it both ways and go with what you like.

I read a post on this forum from a member who has run their fan non-stop for 7 years.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Get a system ,like Infinity,where you can choose the fan speed for the fan running on the off cycle.This way you control the volume and the cost to run the fan.

definitely go vs. I always recommend leaving the vs running nonstop. this will provide constant filtration, and make the filter more efficient when system is not cooling or heating. soft fan with trane or ruud have never had sweating on registers, since fan is at 50%, never leave fan constant if you do not have a vs. you will run into huidity problems, in humid climates.

Just yesterday I spoke to a customer of mine and he is amazed with the comfort and operation is V-Spd and 2 stg furnace he purchased from me last year for his second floor replacement.

His only complaint about our company was to the salesperson who sold him a standard furnace the year before for his first floor and didn't tell him about the 2 stg and v-spd option.

Originally posted by cliebold
    Just yesterday I spoke to a customer of mine and he is amazed with the comfort and operation is V-Spd and 2 stg furnace he purchased from me last year for his second floor replacement.

His only complaint about our company was to the salesperson who sold him a standard furnace the year before for his first floor and didn't tell him about the 2 stg and v-spd option.
    Sound like he's ready to buy another vs from you. give him a trade in option, you can sell that furnace in the paper, you lose a little profit, but this guy will tell the world how far you went to make him happy.

Thanks to all who have responded. Seems like the VS technology is highly regarded, but more so with respect to air conditioning and dehumidification. I run my central air only a short time in the summer, but I understand the point about continual dehumidification. Recently, I spoke to the owner of a very reputable hvac residential business, to get a quote, and asked about the Heil two-stage VSII, which his business sells. He stated that the
    unit is only good for the summer months and that if I am happy with my air conditioning as it currently is, then he did not see the point for getting a VS drive for more of the heating season. This contradicts what I have heard here...so the opinion is that the VS drive is well worth it inthe winter months as well....even thought I am not going to have the fan running constantly?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Vs will deliver the correct cfm(air flow0 for the the furnace ,much more acurately then a standard PSC motor.

This will keep the efficeny up,and cost less to run the motor at the same time.

VS is for heating too,IMHO.

When we replaced our original furnace in Dec 2004 the contractor talked us out of the VS motor furnace. When we replaced that furnace this year the contractor talked us into the VS model. The first contractor is no longer in business for various reasons but when I researched what I wanted this time I heard arguements both pro and con from many.

In my opinion it seems that most of the people against the VS were sometimes those who had been around for a while and maybe were a little scared of new technology. Those for it seemed to be extremely knowledgeable about it and one even told me he thinks non-VS furnaces will be a thing of the past real soon. VS motors have been around for a while now so hopefully all the bugs are out of them and the reliability should be there.

I worked in the car business for many years and saw the changes in technology and how they improved your car. Who wants to go back to points/condensor ignition and drum brakes?

We're more than happy we spent the extra money for the VS.

Originally posted by facrep5366
    I agree VSM technology is the way to go but keep in mind Lennox invented the variable speed furnace/AHU. You would be remiss not to check them out.

Regards,

facrep
    They also invented the duracurve. :P

Virtually al mfg's rely on the GE ECM (actually regal beloit). The main difference in one to another is the programming and even that is model specific.

VS is worth every penny in my simple mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12