Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wits end!

If I had my "druthers" I'd have a cooling tower and each room would have its own hydronic heat pump! I worked on a place like that years back. 17,000 sq ft. The Mc Call cellular guy. Or maybe it was a chiller system. Long time ago.
    Get the point? More systems = better!
    Live for yourself and ask no one to live for you.

(SHORT AND SWEET) joe that flunked out of Votech. is the one who is going to install your zone system. subcontract or go with two units.(goodman sells to anyone) Its your money. (I have goodman in my house and rental propertys, but i installed them)

zoning with controls is alway a better route than 2 systems.
    installation is cheaper,service one system not 2, replace one system not 2 and electric bills are lower than with 2 systems.

theres no way someone can install 2 systems as cheap as one with a zoning kit. knowledge is for those who want to know not for those how make things up and in residential ac has taken after darwin, just make things up, kinda like a monkey to a man or pour bleach down the drain to keep it open. both are wrong and just made up.

Originally posted by airworx
    zoning with controls is alway a better route than 2 systems.
    installation is cheaper,service one system not 2, replace one system not 2 and electric bills are lower than with 2 systems.

theres no way someone can install 2 systems as cheap as one with a zoning kit. knowledge is for those who want to know not for those how make things up and in residential ac has taken after darwin, just make things up, kinda like a monkey to a man or pour bleach down the drain to keep it open. both are wrong and just made up.
    I disagree

There are times that zoning is better and the cost is less but its not true for all houses.

Cheaper would all depend on the duct work needed to get to both area's and the location of the second system.

Service one system yes but with twice as much run time.

Electric bills will more than likely be cheaper with 2 systems sized for the exact load of each zone.

if all zones can be cooled by one system. if 2 systems are needed then yes it would be better. also the zoned system will not have twice the run time and if done with a 2 stage heat pump then all the better. it doesnt matter 2 system alway cost more thaan a zonined system.

Originally posted by airworx
    if all zones can be cooled by one system. if 2 systems are needed then yes it would be better. also the zoned system will not have twice the run time and if done with a 2 stage heat pump then all the better. it doesnt matter 2 system alway cost more thaan a zonined system.
    If you have ever done any two story homes and figured what it costs to get supply and return ducts to the upstairs you would know what I mean. There are times that two systems are cheaper depending on what the ducts have to do to get to each zone.

Yes, you should zone your home according to your own needs.
    First look at windows and disproportionate heating and effects the sun will have on your home, which rooms need seperate zones , basements, rec rooms, kitchen, den, master bed. Then design your system with a Tstat in each zone this will make YOUR home comfortable to the occupants needs. Get a programmable contol board from XCI and dampers from Zonematrix.com they are the best quality by far and you'll be comfy and save cashola.
    good luck

thats absurd, a proper zoning system eliminates that sort of wastefullness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12