I receved a serial to RS-485 converter with an RJ-11 plug on one end
    Am I right in saying that this is used only to connect
    the RJ-11 port on the front of the cc6400 controler
    If I want to connect to the CCN module I beleive I use\
    an Ethernet cat 5 crossover cable and connect to the back of the CCN Module
    We are having a hard time connecting to with the Linskys USB/Ethernet converter
    Windows XP network connections does not show the port for the usb/Ethernet converter, even though windows recognizes it
    All of the new laptops do not have a serial port
    Thank you

Use a PCMCIA to RS232 adapter. Serial to USB adapter creates a virtual port that CCN doesn't recognize.

The converter you have must be used in conjunction with some type of software...either ComfortView, ComfortWorks, Service Tool. It plugs into the serial port on the PC and the RJ11 side plugs into the Comfort Controller port (front face of module..not under the cover)using a 4 pin phone cable. Contact me using the website for more info. about what you have.

I had some services disabled
    I had to enable them
    It appears that CCN adds its on drivers to the serial port
    It even renames the port in device manager to CCN
    Problem is that you cannot do much else with that port
    once Carrier gets a hold of it
    Everytime I connect to with comfort view I have to renable these services
    I use the Carrier converter it works good
    Problem is I still cannot connect with my ethertnet cable
    with Internet explorer to view staus ans setpoinjts

It sounds like you have Comfortview running on your PC and you use the 435/232 converter to connect to the CCN buss. Your are disabling and re-enabling buss services in order to use your serial port for other purposes. In order to use an ethernet connection you would need a CCN to Ethernet converter box and re-direct the CCN comm to look at the ethernet port. Check out the link on my website.

Call if you need help.
    Good Luck!

If you want to view the ccnweb using internet explorer, you will need to install the ccnweb module on a network, OR get a crossover cable and direct connect from computer to ccnweb module. crossover cables can be purchased about anywhere. (best buy, staples, radio shack, etc.) If you direct connect, you will have to set your computers network card address close to the IP address of the ccnweb module. (example: CCNWEB IP: 192.168.1.100 YOUR PC IP: 192.168.1.101)

I make my own crossover cables.
    I am connecting to a 33 csna module
    All web based system I connect to ,I always notify the module that we are on the same network, by using very simular IP addresses
    Even when I am the Carrier dealer they have initial problems connecting to their own module.
    When I had this problem with Metasys it was due to
    the wrong version of JAVA
    I am able to dial into the CCN site but I cannot direct connect with a Cat 5 crossover cable
    My status shows I am immediately connected as
    soon as I plug in my Cat 5 cable
    However, Internet Explorer is unable to open up the page
    What version of Java do I need
    I can connect perfectly with Comfort View through the
    RS-485 port

Thank you

Carrier CCN ways to connect

The above subject device from Carrier allows their CCN bus to connect to a network and serve Bacnet object. It uses the BACnet over Ethernet protocol.
    Does anyone have any experience of integrating this device with a JAce box.
    If so did you experiece communication problems, like the device just goes off line and even though it auto reboots it cannot re-establish communication with the Jace.
    Any feedback is appreciated
    Online Jobs

Carrier CCN ways to connect

* 10/100Base-T Fast Ethernet allows the i-Vu Integrator to serve as a BACnet router between the BACnet/IP system backbone and the CCN.
    * Can route messages from BACnet/IP to BACnet-over-Ethernet, providing compatibility with older BACnet systems.
    * Designed with a high-speed true 32-bit microprocessor with cache memory, Fast Ethernet controller, high performance 32-bit serial communications co-processor, and ARCNET communications co-processor, i-Vu Integrator routers have the power to serve the most demanding translation and communications functions.
    * Can support hundreds of individual control programs written in the Eikonฎ graphic programming language. i-Vu Integrators can handle the toughest system integration control programs.
    * 16 MByte battery-backed SDRAM (32 bit wide), with 12 MBytes available for use, stores application programs, trends and other data when power is lost.
    * 8 MByte Flash memory (32 bit wide) for easy field upgrades over the network.
    * Battery backed real-time clock provides true standalone capabilities. i-Vu Integrators recover from power failures providing full continuity of operations, even when communications are disrupted.
    * Tough construction delivers superior performance and reliability. Constructed with a rugged aluminum cover which provides optimum electrical protection and noise immunity.

The i-Vu Web Server:

Features

* Intuitive, comprehensive building operation with dynamic, interactive graphical access.
    * Completely designed around open standards.
    * Uses the language of the web (HTTP) to communicate over the Internet or intranet without special software or plug-ins.
    * Advanced full alarm management capabilities.
    * Uses sophisticated system protection with multi-level passwords and Secure Sockets Layer with 128-bit encryption for security.
    * Monitors and controls a wide variety of third party HVAC and electrical equipment through a browser.
    * Fully compatible with Carrier Comfort Network (CCN) system.