Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In an effort to save money, manufactures and service companies scimp on a time clock and use off time cycling of the cooler box to control ice build up.

Any one who has been on call at anytime in there career will tell you it don't work well.

Everytime something goes wrong or someone leaves the cooler door open the evaporator coil ices up.

So before you can begin to properly diagnose the cause of the ice up, you first need to defrost the evaperator coil completely.

THEN, you can not leave the job until you witness the cooler cycle on and off on temperature and you verify it turns off at exactly 35-36 and back on at exactly 40-42.

Otherwise, you guessed it, you get to go back and check it out all out all over again in a week!

Evan

Mechanical t-stat with bulb inserted in the coil with CI set at 38/39 and a 14-15 differential will solve the freeze up problems. You are sensing coil temp. A CI of 38 coil should be equal to 38 air temp. The differential is based on a 10 degree TD. A 15 degree differential= a 23 degree coil=33 degree air temp for cut out. Most Freeze up issues are, like you said, doors being proped open or gaskets. That being said, I prefer an A419 with a defrost clock. The electronic stats seem to be more accurate. Plus you can set the ASD to prevent short cycling of the pump.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12