+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: carrier 19xl obsolecence?

Post Likes
    or.............start a thread over in the private sector.
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spinning wheel View Post
    32 panel can be installed in 3 days and is a direct retrofit. I have installed many of these and it is the way to go.
    Customer calls us in to give competitive quote on replacing micro on 19xr chiller. Carrier has recommended replacement and already submitted their price. All maintenance is done in house so I suspect the battery in the PSIO module died.
    I am on vacation in Florida and call RCD here in the states. Long story short, they want the serial number of the unit. As soon as I give it, they identify the chiller as being in Canada and don't want to talk to me anymore.
    I call Carrier parts in Toronto and they tell me the part is only available in house to Carrier Commercial Division. They won't even give me part numbers.
    My question after reading this post. Are you guys having the same issues here in the states, because it certainly appears as though the kit is readily available here. If so can someone please supply part numbers for either the 32 XR kit, or as Can has suggested, the micro, starter module and actuator and I can price thru back door contacts that I have acquired.
    If I cannot replace with Carrier controls then I will price the MCS alternative.

thanks in advance

Post Likes
    This thread is over a year old.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    This thread is over a year old.
    Yes I know, but my problem is not. I took the proactive approach and searched for threads that may contain the info I was looking for. Do you suggest starting a new thread and rehashing old info. At this point I am open to suggestions.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hw chiller man View Post
    Customer calls us in to give competitive quote on replacing micro on 19xr chiller. Carrier has recommended replacement and already submitted their price. All maintenance is done in house so I suspect the battery in the PSIO module died.
    I am on vacation in Florida and call RCD here in the states. Long story short, they want the serial number of the unit. As soon as I give it, they identify the chiller as being in Canada and don't want to talk to me anymore.
    I call Carrier parts in Toronto and they tell me the part is only available in house to Carrier Commercial Division. They won't even give me part numbers.
    My question after reading this post. Are you guys having the same issues here in the states, because it certainly appears as though the kit is readily available here. If so can someone please supply part numbers for either the 32 XR kit, or as Can has suggested, the micro, starter module and actuator and I can price thru back door contacts that I have acquired.
    If I cannot replace with Carrier controls then I will price the MCS alternative.

thanks in advance

For the 19XR PIC I retrofit to PIC II. It is no need the 32XR kit. Just buy the control panel, ISM module, and guide vane actuator, and see the wirimgs diagram in the new O & M, modify the control wiring of the chiller by yourself. If you want to know what parts are you need, please email to me and let me know the complete model and serial number of this chiller.
    Can

Post Likes
    I have this crazy idea, how bout you replace the battery and reload the program.

Post Likes
    I may be wrong about this but Carrier offices cannot get their parts direct from RCD in the states. They must go thru a licensed distributor . That might be the disconnect that you are getting .

I meant to say Canadian carrier offices not the ones in the states.
    Last edited by Dallas Duster; 03-12-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Post Likes
    unless something has changed in the last couple of months they can, at least here they do. not really sure why the probs. I'm going to look into in the morn out of curiosity sake.

Post Likes
    You can still have them programed if they are still programable, or you can still purchase them i received one about 3 weeks ago for a 23XL. It had different software loaded on it just had to do some wiring changes.

Post Likes
    Sure you could. I have done it for customers.The problem is obtaining the configurations , especially if the surge configs got changed and nobody wrote them down . I have done alot of these upgrades and it does make the machine more reliable. Sometimes putting a battery in and reprogramming doesnt fix the problem . I had a battery leak out on one and a bad output on another .Both of those the psio had to be removed and shipped out . A week later it came back.Problem is alot of customers cant afford to have any down time.

Post Likes
    just scraped a chiller, so now I have two psio if anybody needs one. I'll let it go for a smidge under rcd price heck I'll even program it for ya.

Post Likes

19XL Centrifugal Chiller

Good morning, sehores,
    I write from Brazil, city of Rio de Janeiro,
    We have 3 chiller 19XL R-22-300 TR installed in our plant, CARRIER claims to have no more spare parts, mainly for the PSIO modules and the LID panel that is off. The lords in America have successfully retrofitted the PSIO modules and LID panel? What do they suggest?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcello Leite View Post
    Good morning, sehores,
    I write from Brazil, city of Rio de Janeiro,
    We have 3 chiller 19XL R-22-300 TR installed in our plant, CARRIER claims to have no more spare parts, mainly for the PSIO modules and the LID panel that is off. The lords in America have successfully retrofitted the PSIO modules and LID panel? What do they suggest?
    Retrofit these 19XL to 32XR control system.
    Can

Post Likes
    I have done several PIC2 upgrades on the 19xl. I would call your local carrier office to get this done. Yes replacement is the long term solution , but that’s your call. Once the new controls are installed parts shouldn’t be a problem. You would get a new guide vane actuator along with the PIC upgrade as well.

15. Likes JAMC liked this post.
    Post Likes
    This is true along with battery leakage .

Post Likes
    Your question is machine " obsolecence " is the machine or the on board controls the question ? What are the hours on the the compressor ? Has there been a bearing inspection or high speed assembly replacement ? What does the eddy current report state about tube integrity ?

Post Likes
    7 to 10 days 40k 45 k hmmmm

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by can View Post
    Yes, 32XR package is for direct retrofit. If you can modify the control wiring of the power box and the start panel by yourself. You are only need the control panel, ISM and actuator. Will save much money! The parts cost should be around USD16,000 to 16,500.
    I need this how do I contact you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in