Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't know what, if anything, in the way of non-Trane, is available to retrofit the controls on a Trane. I would think something is out there. In this area all the retrofitted Tranes have Trane's Adaptiview. I agree about supporting existing controls. Yeah, the original stuff is old, and the new stuff is better (in most ways). And so what if the vendor(s) don't want to build it anymore? Get another vendor. Or get a vendor to remanufacture the failed parts. For many years you could say Trane supports their chillers for virtually forever. I guess you still can, it just costs a lot more. And, if you don't plan agressively enough, it can cost some significant downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by BergerMech Rob View Post
    Where are the folks who accused Trane of extorting their customers a few years ago when they announced that the 25+ year old UCP1 and UCP695 panels were no longer going to be supported with parts?
    The problem isnt Carrier , its the supplier of the psio module.If they quit making it ,good luck finding another supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by budglo View Post
    The problem isnt Carrier , its the supplier of the psio module.If they quit making it ,good luck finding another supplier.
    I believe that's the same thing Trane has gone through with their obsolete parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclrchiller View Post
    I don't know what, if anything, in the way of non-Trane, is available to retrofit the controls on a Trane. I would think something is out there. In this area all the retrofitted Tranes have Trane's Adaptiview. I agree about supporting existing controls. Yeah, the original stuff is old, and the new stuff is better (in most ways). And so what if the vendor(s) don't want to build it anymore? Get another vendor. Or get a vendor to remanufacture the failed parts. For many years you could say Trane supports their chillers for virtually forever. I guess you still can, it just costs a lot more. And, if you don't plan agressively enough, it can cost some significant downtime.
    There's good controls from a good manufacturer out there that will retro to almost any chiller on the market (I say almost because there are a few specific exceptions where application - not manufacturer - is concerned). Let me know when y'all get ready to retro the controls on those YS's - I'd love to talk to you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    There's good controls from a good manufacturer out there that will retro to almost any chiller on the market (I say almost because there are a few specific exceptions where application - not manufacturer - is concerned). Let me know when y'all get ready to retro the controls on those YS's - I'd love to talk to you about it.
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind, although when the control panels go out the door I hope the chillers are still attached to them. And you can probably guess what I'd like to see in their place. But seriously, there are no plans to replace or upgrade the chillers. The building controls were just upgraded and I'm in the early stages of identifying any issues there. When I'm finished with that I'll turn my attention back to a couple of pre-existing (to my arrival) conditions with one of chillers. Maybe you heard something about it? York thinks they have it licked and I'm inclined to believe them, but I want to put it through its paces first before I'm fully satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclrchiller View Post
    When I'm finished with that I'll turn my attention back to a couple of pre-existing (to my arrival) conditions with one of chillers. Maybe you heard something about it? York thinks they have it licked and I'm inclined to believe them, but I want to put it through its paces first before I'm fully satisfied.
    You'll have to enlighten me as to which condition it is - there was more than one thing wrong the last time anyone told me about the goings on with those machines. PM or e-mail me if you want to do that - we're close to having a hijacking on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    You'll have to enlighten me as to which condition it is - there was more than one thing wrong the last time anyone told me about the goings on with those machines. PM or e-mail me if you want to do that - we're close to having a hijacking on our hands.
    Yep, you're right. OK.

or.............start a thread over in the private sector.
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by spinning wheel View Post
    32 panel can be installed in 3 days and is a direct retrofit. I have installed many of these and it is the way to go.
    Customer calls us in to give competitive quote on replacing micro on 19xr chiller. Carrier has recommended replacement and already submitted their price. All maintenance is done in house so I suspect the battery in the PSIO module died.
    I am on vacation in Florida and call RCD here in the states. Long story short, they want the serial number of the unit. As soon as I give it, they identify the chiller as being in Canada and don't want to talk to me anymore.
    I call Carrier parts in Toronto and they tell me the part is only available in house to Carrier Commercial Division. They won't even give me part numbers.
    My question after reading this post. Are you guys having the same issues here in the states, because it certainly appears as though the kit is readily available here. If so can someone please supply part numbers for either the 32 XR kit, or as Can has suggested, the micro, starter module and actuator and I can price thru back door contacts that I have acquired.
    If I cannot replace with Carrier controls then I will price the MCS alternative.

thanks in advance

This thread is over a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    This thread is over a year old.
    Yes I know, but my problem is not. I took the proactive approach and searched for threads that may contain the info I was looking for. Do you suggest starting a new thread and rehashing old info. At this point I am open to suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by hw chiller man View Post
    Customer calls us in to give competitive quote on replacing micro on 19xr chiller. Carrier has recommended replacement and already submitted their price. All maintenance is done in house so I suspect the battery in the PSIO module died.
    I am on vacation in Florida and call RCD here in the states. Long story short, they want the serial number of the unit. As soon as I give it, they identify the chiller as being in Canada and don't want to talk to me anymore.
    I call Carrier parts in Toronto and they tell me the part is only available in house to Carrier Commercial Division. They won't even give me part numbers.
    My question after reading this post. Are you guys having the same issues here in the states, because it certainly appears as though the kit is readily available here. If so can someone please supply part numbers for either the 32 XR kit, or as Can has suggested, the micro, starter module and actuator and I can price thru back door contacts that I have acquired.
    If I cannot replace with Carrier controls then I will price the MCS alternative.

thanks in advance

For the 19XR PIC I retrofit to PIC II. It is no need the 32XR kit. Just buy the control panel, ISM module, and guide vane actuator, and see the wirimgs diagram in the new O & M, modify the control wiring of the chiller by yourself. If you want to know what parts are you need, please email to me and let me know the complete model and serial number of this chiller.
    Can

I have this crazy idea, how bout you replace the battery and reload the program.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast