• york

5 15.63%
  • carrier

13 40.63%
  • lennox

9 28.13%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by acdave17 View Post
    Anyone worked on a Seasons-4 and tried their tech support?
    seasons-4 makes customized units, there is not way for them to support all their equipment, same applies to Mammoth, Governair etc, thats where your skills as an havc tech shine

I found American Standard to be the best for tech support. York and Carrier to be about the same for speed and help on parts. I don't like Lennox. On a hot summer day to find out about a part, it can cut down your customer volume just by being put on hold. Ruud is ok. Trane acts too big. I find that the ones that help you the most are the ones you see face to face because there is more accountability than Joe-blow sitting in an office punching buttons.

Fortunately, I have had little experience with any ones tech support, but last week I had a problem with a new 90plus efficiency Reznor Unit Heater I was installing. This unit was customer supplied and I could not get it to fire up. I called the 800 no. on the manual, was given the no. for the local rep, called him, left voice mail and within 10 minutes he called me and was on the phone for about 20 minutes while I troubleshot and moved wires. We decided the board had to be defective. Had a new board within 24 hrs. and he called me back to verify unit was working. Can"t ask for better service than that!! John

i had some questions on a rheem rtu last week & just needed
    some info on it to clear up my mind. the rep i spoke to wasnt up to
    speed on my questions & said ill call you back within 20 min.
    & in less than that had me on a conferance call with one of
    their engineers & him. i have to say that was one of the
    best tech. support calls ive ever made.

I have pretty good luck with carrier and Trane here in town. The worst id have to say is York I've had the best tech support from Larrs boiler.
    RTFM!!!

sometimes when its 455pm and you need a question they all *******

I have to say Carrier by far has the best Tech support, at least on equipment 25 tons and above. These guys are always great. They really know their products. I always get good answers with quality solutions when I call.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Texan View Post
    I have to say Carrier by far has the best Tech support, at least on equipment 25 tons and above. These guys are always great. They really know their products. I always get good answers with quality solutions when I call.
    I Would have to agree plus they tell great jokes after they are finished finding a solution to your problem.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12