+ Reply to Thread

Thread: please help me find a hvac job?

Post Likes
    i recently graduated from school and earn my epa universal, but my job placement at the school isn,t much help and most companies want someone with a few years experience, please help me find a union to join, and where is it located in newyork thank you very much,

Post Likes
    What is your location?

Post Likes
    I think he's in New York
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    http://www.johnsoncontrols.com

They are hiring all over the USA. Check the website. They have union/non-union, all kinds. Great way to get started.

Post Likes

how to get started

I have been in school for 2yrs. in the hvac program and haven't been able to find a job. Every company wants experince, I feel like I'M WASTING MY TIME.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Go to http://www.acca.org find the local contrators and/or chapter send them letters or emails,if no response send one to National ACCA.

If you don't get anywhere send me an email with your resume ,etc. and I'll try to find a contractor in your area for you.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Go to http://www.acca.org find the local contrators and/or chapter send them letters or emails,if no response send one to National ACCA.

If you don't get anywhere send me an email with your resume ,etc. and I'll try to find a contractor in your area for you.

Post Likes
    A good way to gain inside juice, is to join some of the trade org. find your local RSES chapter, pay the $90.00 fee and become a member,besides the learning opportunities, there you will find many season techs,earn their trust and they will put the good word outhere for you.

Post Likes

jobs in HVAC

I run a school in Southern California. We have students that get out of school and the employers are really happy to find the help. I don't know the circumstances of your particular situation, but let me tell you step one.

Don't go around saying you don't have any "experience". School, if it is a quality program gives you the opportunity to get "experience". Hopefully the proper way.

Getting a job requires selling yourself to an employer. One way or another you are going to need to tell that employer why you are the BEST candidate for that position. If you don't know whether or not you ARE the best candidate, you better figure out a compelling argument.

This depends on who you are as well as your circumstances. Are you young? If so, let him/her know how enthusiastic and energetic you are (show some "youthful enthusiasm"). If you are older and in a career transition, figure out how your life experiences prior to going to school make you an ideal candidate for employment. These are things like "I'm always the first on the job and the last to leave." "I'm dependable", Let them know you don't show up to work hungover, etc...

Next, get your butt out and look for work. Go to supply houses, look for job postings, ask the counter help about who is hiring. Network, do any of your friends know somebody in the business? Don't just sit by the phone and call up asking if they are looking for somebody - show up (with a smile on your face) and ask them if they are looking for someone. Remember, good jobs don't come to you at this point, you have to go looking for them.

Last. Where the hell is your school in this? If you went to a private school they better help you find work. If you went to a public school like a Community College or a Vo-Tech, they are under no obligation to help you find a job (your tax dollars at work), sorry.

Above all BE UPBEAT AND POSITIVE.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in