Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: carrier 30hxc

some of the early diagrams did not show the resister

i had one go bad on me and i had to jump out the flow switch to get it running its in the schematic just follow it. very simple, i know its not the best way to do things but we do have to get people going and those chillers have a freeze stat of some type as a back up

Although the saturation suction temp comparisons are supposed to prevent freeze up, THE 30HXC WILL FREEZE UP if you put it in the right circumstances! Be absolutely sure you know what your brine freeze setpoint is in comparison to the actual glycol concentration level.

there is nothing like a good old mechanical freeze stat set at 32 degrees. i havent seen one come out on a machine in years.

i will remember that thank you

I'm beginning to think many of you guys don't know how to jump out the 30rb and that is why you make excuses not to give out the info. The 30hx and others that simply close a circuit are easy to jump out.

Really?

Actually I would have though to just put a jumper at the mbb cwfs or tie the wires together temporarily.
    Guess this is not the case, BTW , y not remove the resistor, what happens?
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
    I'm beginning to think many of you guys don't know how to jump out the 30rb and that is why you make excuses not to give out the info. The 30hx and others that simply close a circuit are easy to jump out.

Really?

Actually I would have though to just put a jumper at the mbb cwfs or tie the wires together temporarily.
    Guess this is not the case, BTW , y not remove the resistor, what happens?
    Look at the wiring diagram I posted earlier and tell me which two terminals can be tied together to jump out the 30rb. You will notice the cwfs only has one wire coming back to the mbb terminal 15b. The cwfs has 24vac going to it but only one output to the mbb 15b.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldtexan View Post
    I'm beginning to think many of you guys don't know how to jump out the 30rb and that is why you make excuses not to give out the info. The 30hx and others that simply close a circuit are easy to jump out. The 30rb needs a 0-24vdc signal input to the mbb and is not so easy to figure out.
    The senario that I gave earlier is a valid one and happened to me. I went on a service call for a 30rb that was not working and found the 3-prong plug that plugs into the cwfs was corroded beyond any repair. There were no replacement wiring harnesses available locally. The options were to leave the chiller down until the part was overnighted, or bypass the flow switch so the customer would have coolng for the day. The 30rb isn't as simple as installing a jumper between two terminals. you would have to generate a 24vdc signal to the cwfs input on the mbb to make it think everything was ok so it could startup. I am all for helping techs out with any info i have learned over the years. If someone chooses to use the info foolishly then that's on him.
    Yea because those damn flow switches are so difficult to comprehend.

What you're advocating is safety bypass via internet stranger.

I wont jump out a flow switch unless Im on sight monitoring the machine. Doing it from a key board is about the most irresponsible thing I can think of.

What next ? You want info on how to spin a RTAA compressor backwards ?

Look at the wiring diagram I posted earlier and tell me which two terminals can be tied together to jump out the 30rb. You will notice the cwfs only has one wire coming back to the mbb terminal 15b. The cwfs has 24vac going to it but only one output to the mbb 15b.
    Hav you not replaced the cable by now ?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

i dont know how to jump out a 30rb but i bet it has somthing to do with a resistance value. i thought the name of this posting was 30hxc?

have you ordered the new switch and installed it yet?
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chillersinc View Post
    i dont know how to jump out a 30rb but i bet it has somthing to do with a resistance value. i thought the name of this posting was 30hxc?
    Old thread was brought up and "changed" a few days ago. You can see where if you go back and look at the post dates. Think the OP last posted on 11/13/2011.

This is not a topic that should be discussed in the open forum. Even if the person asking is a competent chiller tech and just wants to jump it out for testing purposes, everyone else in the world can see it! What's going to happen next is some Jake Leg maintenance man is going to loose flow because his pump isn't running, or a valve is closed, and he's going to search this web site and find this thread and have complete instructions on how to jump it out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast