+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: carrier 30hxc

Post Likes
    i had one go bad on me and i had to jump out the flow switch to get it running its in the schematic just follow it. very simple, i know its not the best way to do things but we do have to get people going and those chillers have a freeze stat of some type as a back up

Post Likes
    Although the saturation suction temp comparisons are supposed to prevent freeze up, THE 30HXC WILL FREEZE UP if you put it in the right circumstances! Be absolutely sure you know what your brine freeze setpoint is in comparison to the actual glycol concentration level.

Post Likes
    there is nothing like a good old mechanical freeze stat set at 32 degrees. i havent seen one come out on a machine in years.

Post Likes
    i will remember that thank you

Post Likes
    I'm beginning to think many of you guys don't know how to jump out the 30rb and that is why you make excuses not to give out the info. The 30hx and others that simply close a circuit are easy to jump out.

Really?

Actually I would have though to just put a jumper at the mbb cwfs or tie the wires together temporarily.
    Guess this is not the case, BTW , y not remove the resistor, what happens?
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
    I'm beginning to think many of you guys don't know how to jump out the 30rb and that is why you make excuses not to give out the info. The 30hx and others that simply close a circuit are easy to jump out.

Really?

Actually I would have though to just put a jumper at the mbb cwfs or tie the wires together temporarily.
    Guess this is not the case, BTW , y not remove the resistor, what happens?
    Look at the wiring diagram I posted earlier and tell me which two terminals can be tied together to jump out the 30rb. You will notice the cwfs only has one wire coming back to the mbb terminal 15b. The cwfs has 24vac going to it but only one output to the mbb 15b.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldtexan View Post
    I'm beginning to think many of you guys don't know how to jump out the 30rb and that is why you make excuses not to give out the info. The 30hx and others that simply close a circuit are easy to jump out. The 30rb needs a 0-24vdc signal input to the mbb and is not so easy to figure out.
    The senario that I gave earlier is a valid one and happened to me. I went on a service call for a 30rb that was not working and found the 3-prong plug that plugs into the cwfs was corroded beyond any repair. There were no replacement wiring harnesses available locally. The options were to leave the chiller down until the part was overnighted, or bypass the flow switch so the customer would have coolng for the day. The 30rb isn't as simple as installing a jumper between two terminals. you would have to generate a 24vdc signal to the cwfs input on the mbb to make it think everything was ok so it could startup. I am all for helping techs out with any info i have learned over the years. If someone chooses to use the info foolishly then that's on him.
    Yea because those damn flow switches are so difficult to comprehend.

What you're advocating is safety bypass via internet stranger.

I wont jump out a flow switch unless Im on sight monitoring the machine. Doing it from a key board is about the most irresponsible thing I can think of.

What next ? You want info on how to spin a RTAA compressor backwards ?

Post Likes
    Look at the wiring diagram I posted earlier and tell me which two terminals can be tied together to jump out the 30rb. You will notice the cwfs only has one wire coming back to the mbb terminal 15b. The cwfs has 24vac going to it but only one output to the mbb 15b.
    Hav you not replaced the cable by now ?

Post Likes
    i dont know how to jump out a 30rb but i bet it has somthing to do with a resistance value. i thought the name of this posting was 30hxc?

Post Likes
    have you ordered the new switch and installed it yet?
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillersinc View Post
    i dont know how to jump out a 30rb but i bet it has somthing to do with a resistance value. i thought the name of this posting was 30hxc?
    Old thread was brought up and "changed" a few days ago. You can see where if you go back and look at the post dates. Think the OP last posted on 11/13/2011.

Post Likes
    This is not a topic that should be discussed in the open forum. Even if the person asking is a competent chiller tech and just wants to jump it out for testing purposes, everyone else in the world can see it! What's going to happen next is some Jake Leg maintenance man is going to loose flow because his pump isn't running, or a valve is closed, and he's going to search this web site and find this thread and have complete instructions on how to jump it out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    This is not a topic that should be discussed in the open forum. Even if the person asking is a competent chiller tech and just wants to jump it out for testing purposes, everyone else in the world can see it! What's going to happen next is some Jake Leg maintenance man is going to loose flow because his pump isn't running, or a valve is closed, and he's going to search this web site and find this thread and have complete instructions on how to jump it out.
    Very good point, R123. Glad I was too ignorant on the subject to add anything. I think we sometimes forget how easy it is for anyone to see this info on the open forums. I usually enter thru the "New Posts" forum, and try to check what forum a thread is in before I reply. I'm sure sometimes I forget. I'm also pretty sure I'm not the only one. We're helping ourselves and visitors when we remind each other.

Post Likes
    I replaced the flow sensor and cable the following day after having the cable overnighted. The customer did not have a/c for a day. The customer is a church and was lucky it happened during the week. I was asking the question because what if it had happened on a saturday night and they needed it for church on sunday. If it were the simple flow switch it could have been easily jumped out. However with it being the 30rb and obviously it's not well known how to jump this one out, it would have been a hot church service on sunday.
    I still haven't had anyone tell me what the input is from the flow sensor. I read someone said it was 0-24vdc which sounds like that could be right, but that means the flow sensor has to convert the 24vac into 24vdc. Does the resistor on the mbb convert the ac into dc ? next time I'm at the chiller i can check voltage input to the mbb.
    As far as some maintenance man viewing this forum and screwing up a chiller by jumping it out, I think everyone has to be responsible for their own actions. I would rather have a person know exactly what to do to jump a machine out then to experiment and short out a board.
    As far as hijacking someones thread, I didn't realize the topic was a different model, I did a search on cwfs and it brought me here.

Post Likes
    As far as some maintenance man viewing this forum and screwing up a chiller by jumping it out, I think everyone has to be responsible for their own actions.

Responsibility must be taken if something happens, there will be no way around that, however , if a tube ruptures and chiller is now basically scrap, does this mean that guy at fault is going to drop 100k + for a new machine installed? Just saying ,
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
    As far as some maintenance man viewing this forum and screwing up a chiller by jumping it out, I think everyone has to be responsible for their own actions.

Responsibility must be taken if something happens, there will be no way around that, however , if a tube ruptures and chiller is now basically scrap, does this mean that guy at fault is going to drop 100k + for a new machine installed? Just saying ,
    No, but the customer shouldn't have gone for the lowest cost service contractor. You get what you pay for. Pay more for a experienced contractor or pay much more later when he screws up.

Post Likes
    hi
    how can i replace the gas discharge sensor on carrier 30hxc ph3

Post Likes
    you should start a new thread

Post Likes
    Salah,

Instead of starting multiple threads and bouncing around in different threads asking questions about the same chiller, how about sticking with one thread and ask all your questions in one place. Also, why don't you respond to the people that are trying to help you? Otherwise you are going to pi$$ off everyone and end up getting no help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in