Thread: carrier 30hxc

Quote Originally Posted by freonrick View Post
    The orange wires are at the mbb. Not on the harness at flow switch
    No orange wires on this mbb at j7

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldtexan View Post

Looks more like a 30RB to me.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    Looks more like a 30RB to me.
    It is a 30RB.
    Any idea how one would temporary bypass the cwfs on this one ?

It is a 30RB.
    Any idea how one would temporary bypass the cwfs on this one ?
    I've gotta be honest with you I don't feel comfortable giving this kind of advice on this unit board damage could occur.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

the subject was 30hxc not another unit.

Looks like icecoldtexan resurrected and piggybacked on an old thread about a 30hxc...

I've gotta be honest with you I don't feel comfortable giving this kind of advice on this unit board damage could occur.
    Especially to someone who cant figure out how to jump a flow swith or that's willing to jump a flow switch for any length of time.

Jesus... Some people need to learn to stop giving out info to regular guests.

"Here send me a complete model and serial and I will send you detailed instructions on how to jump out a safety"

Are you kidding me???
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    Jesus... Some people need to learn to stop giving out info to regular guests.

"Here send me a complete model and serial and I will send you detailed instructions on how to jump out a safety"

Are you kidding me???
    It's a free world and it might generate work for someone else!!!!
    UA 100

It's a free world and it might generate work for someone else!!!!
    It is a free country but it doesn't mean that putting a loaded gun in a suicidal mans hands is the right thing to do.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    It is a free country but it doesn't mean that putting a loaded gun in a suicidal mans hands is the right thing to do.
    True but he will just take pills next try.
    UA 100

I'm beginning to think many of you guys don't know how to jump out the 30rb and that is why you make excuses not to give out the info. The 30hx and others that simply close a circuit are easy to jump out. The 30rb needs a 0-24vdc signal input to the mbb and is not so easy to figure out.
    The senario that I gave earlier is a valid one and happened to me. I went on a service call for a 30rb that was not working and found the 3-prong plug that plugs into the cwfs was corroded beyond any repair. There were no replacement wiring harnesses available locally. The options were to leave the chiller down until the part was overnighted, or bypass the flow switch so the customer would have coolng for the day. The 30rb isn't as simple as installing a jumper between two terminals. you would have to generate a 24vdc signal to the cwfs input on the mbb to make it think everything was ok so it could startup. I am all for helping techs out with any info i have learned over the years. If someone chooses to use the info foolishly then that's on him.

I'm beginning to think many of you guys don't know how to jump out the 30rb and that is why you make excuses not to give out the info. The 30hx and others that simply close a circuit are easy to jump out. The 30rb needs a 0-24vdc signal input to the mbb and is not so easy to figure out.
    The senario that I gave earlier is a valid one and happened to me. I went on a service call for a 30rb that was not working and found the 3-prong plug that plugs into the cwfs was corroded beyond any repair. There were no replacement wiring harnesses available locally. The options were to leave the chiller down until the part was overnighted, or bypass the flow switch so the customer would have coolng for the day. The 30rb isn't as simple as installing a jumper between two terminals. you would have to generate a 24vdc signal to the cwfs input on the mbb to make it think everything was ok so it could startup. I am all for helping techs out with any info i have learned over the years. If someone chooses to use the info foolishly then that's on him.

The switch is made by the same company surely it works the same as the 30HX right? Just experiment, just don't take that resistor off the MBB.....
    UA 100

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast