Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 59

Thread: carrier 30hxc

  1. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by freonrick View Post
    The orange wires are at the mbb. Not on the harness at flow switch
    No orange wires on this mbb at j7


  2. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,720
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldtexan View Post
    No orange wires on this mbb at j7

    Looks more like a 30RB to me.
    UA 100

    It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

  3. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    Looks more like a 30RB to me.
    It is a 30RB.
    Any idea how one would temporary bypass the cwfs on this one ?

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,720
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldtexan View Post
    It is a 30RB.
    Any idea how one would temporary bypass the cwfs on this one ?
    I've gotta be honest with you I don't feel comfortable giving this kind of advice on this unit board damage could occur.
    UA 100

    It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Wichita Ks
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldtexan View Post
    No orange wires on this mbb at j7

    the subject was 30hxc not another unit.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Prattville, Alabama
    Posts
    2,070
    Looks like icecoldtexan resurrected and piggybacked on an old thread about a 30hxc...

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    I've gotta be honest with you I don't feel comfortable giving this kind of advice on this unit board damage could occur.
    Especially to someone who cant figure out how to jump a flow swith or that's willing to jump a flow switch for any length of time.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    2,015
    Jesus... Some people need to learn to stop giving out info to regular guests.

    "Here send me a complete model and serial and I will send you detailed instructions on how to jump out a safety"

    Are you kidding me???
    UA LU189

    10mm, because it's better than .45acp

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,720
    Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    Jesus... Some people need to learn to stop giving out info to regular guests.

    "Here send me a complete model and serial and I will send you detailed instructions on how to jump out a safety"

    Are you kidding me???
    It's a free world and it might generate work for someone else!!!!
    UA 100

    It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    It's a free world and it might generate work for someone else!!!!
    It is a free country but it doesn't mean that putting a loaded gun in a suicidal mans hands is the right thing to do.
    UA LU189

    10mm, because it's better than .45acp

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,720
    Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    It is a free country but it doesn't mean that putting a loaded gun in a suicidal mans hands is the right thing to do.
    True but he will just take pills next try.
    UA 100

    It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

  12. #38
    I'm beginning to think many of you guys don't know how to jump out the 30rb and that is why you make excuses not to give out the info. The 30hx and others that simply close a circuit are easy to jump out. The 30rb needs a 0-24vdc signal input to the mbb and is not so easy to figure out.
    The senario that I gave earlier is a valid one and happened to me. I went on a service call for a 30rb that was not working and found the 3-prong plug that plugs into the cwfs was corroded beyond any repair. There were no replacement wiring harnesses available locally. The options were to leave the chiller down until the part was overnighted, or bypass the flow switch so the customer would have coolng for the day. The 30rb isn't as simple as installing a jumper between two terminals. you would have to generate a 24vdc signal to the cwfs input on the mbb to make it think everything was ok so it could startup. I am all for helping techs out with any info i have learned over the years. If someone chooses to use the info foolishly then that's on him.

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,720
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldtexan View Post
    I'm beginning to think many of you guys don't know how to jump out the 30rb and that is why you make excuses not to give out the info. The 30hx and others that simply close a circuit are easy to jump out. The 30rb needs a 0-24vdc signal input to the mbb and is not so easy to figure out.
    The senario that I gave earlier is a valid one and happened to me. I went on a service call for a 30rb that was not working and found the 3-prong plug that plugs into the cwfs was corroded beyond any repair. There were no replacement wiring harnesses available locally. The options were to leave the chiller down until the part was overnighted, or bypass the flow switch so the customer would have coolng for the day. The 30rb isn't as simple as installing a jumper between two terminals. you would have to generate a 24vdc signal to the cwfs input on the mbb to make it think everything was ok so it could startup. I am all for helping techs out with any info i have learned over the years. If someone chooses to use the info foolishly then that's on him.

    The switch is made by the same company surely it works the same as the 30HX right? Just experiment, just don't take that resistor off the MBB.....
    UA 100

    It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event