carrier 30hxc - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: carrier 30hxc

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldtexan View Post
    I would like to know how to temporary bypass the 3-wire flow sensor for troubleshooting purposes.
    How does the 3-wire sensor operate?
    I understand it has a ground and 24vac going to it, but what does it send back on the wire going to the main board ?
    What are you trying to troubleshoot?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

if your talking about the orange electronic switch, it sends 24 back.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    It`s pretty easy if you have a FSR in your panel and that`s all I will say.
    LOL

Oops

no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ESS CHILL WATER View Post
    send complete model and i will send you the wiring digram and show how to bypass but becarefull to put side protection , not leave the unit without flow switch protection

Salesman wouldn't agree!!
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

I Think I know how to bypass the internal carrier chiller flow sensor. The flow sensor has a ground, a 24vac input, and a 0-24vdc output. A person might want to bypass it if they want to install a cheaper inline flow switch.
    This is for the three wire flow sensors.
    Get a small plug-in transformer that outputs 24vdc and plug it in to the 120v power outlet in the chiller. Connect the 24vdc negative to the ground and connect the 24vdc positive to the main board where the 0-24vdc output wire of the sensor connects. This will tell the board there is water flowing through the lines.

Yea, you have done this before?
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

On comfort link system all you need to do is at the mbb j7 there is two orange wires that go to flow switch contacts. Take them to new mechanical flow switch or jumper to test.

Quote Originally Posted by freonrick View Post
    On comfort link system all you need to do is at the mbb j7 there is two orange wires that go to flow switch contacts. Take them to new mechanical flow switch or jumper to test.
    This chiller has the comfort link system. I didn't notice the two orange wires on it, I'll have to look at it again next time I'm out there. Do the ones with the 3-wire flow sensor have the two orange wires at j7 ?

What are you trying to troubleshoot?
    I was called out to a carrier chiller that wasn't working and found the plug that plugs into the flow sensor was corroded beyond repair and carrier did not have one in stock locally so we had to order overnight. I was looking for a way to bypass the flow sensor to get the chiller running until the new wire harness arrived the next day. This is the 3-wire cwfs. i have seen the 4-wire sensors that have 24vac powering them up and the other two wires are just a switch, easy to bypass. The 3-wire didn't seem too easy to bypass since it sends a 0-24vdc signal to the mbb.

This chiller has the comfort link system. I didn't notice the two orange wires on it, I'll have to look at it again next time I'm out there. Do the ones with the 3-wire flow sensor have the two orange wires at j7 ?
    The orange wires are at the mbb. Not on the harness at flow switch

I was called out to a carrier chiller that wasn't working and found the plug that plugs into the flow sensor was corroded beyond repair and carrier did not have one in stock locally so we had to order overnight. I was looking for a way to bypass the flow sensor to get the chiller running until the new wire harness arrived the next day. This is the 3-wire cwfs. i have seen the 4-wire sensors that have 24vac powering them up and the other two wires are just a switch, easy to bypass. The 3-wire didn't seem too easy to bypass since it sends a 0-24vdc signal to the mbb.
    How old was the chiller?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

See terminal 15B. What is the signal generated by the cwfs.

According to this diagram how could this have been bypassed to allow the chiller to run until a cwfs wire harness could be ordered?

How old was the chiller?
    Not sure now...probably 6 years old. It had the old gray wire to the cwfs and the plug that screwed into the cwfs was the type where the conductors were screwed into it. The replacemend wire harness was yellow with a molded plug on the end.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast