Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: carrier 30hxc

Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    This is not a topic that should be discussed in the open forum. Even if the person asking is a competent chiller tech and just wants to jump it out for testing purposes, everyone else in the world can see it! What's going to happen next is some Jake Leg maintenance man is going to loose flow because his pump isn't running, or a valve is closed, and he's going to search this web site and find this thread and have complete instructions on how to jump it out.
    Very good point, R123. Glad I was too ignorant on the subject to add anything. I think we sometimes forget how easy it is for anyone to see this info on the open forums. I usually enter thru the "New Posts" forum, and try to check what forum a thread is in before I reply. I'm sure sometimes I forget. I'm also pretty sure I'm not the only one. We're helping ourselves and visitors when we remind each other.

I replaced the flow sensor and cable the following day after having the cable overnighted. The customer did not have a/c for a day. The customer is a church and was lucky it happened during the week. I was asking the question because what if it had happened on a saturday night and they needed it for church on sunday. If it were the simple flow switch it could have been easily jumped out. However with it being the 30rb and obviously it's not well known how to jump this one out, it would have been a hot church service on sunday.
    I still haven't had anyone tell me what the input is from the flow sensor. I read someone said it was 0-24vdc which sounds like that could be right, but that means the flow sensor has to convert the 24vac into 24vdc. Does the resistor on the mbb convert the ac into dc ? next time I'm at the chiller i can check voltage input to the mbb.
    As far as some maintenance man viewing this forum and screwing up a chiller by jumping it out, I think everyone has to be responsible for their own actions. I would rather have a person know exactly what to do to jump a machine out then to experiment and short out a board.
    As far as hijacking someones thread, I didn't realize the topic was a different model, I did a search on cwfs and it brought me here.

As far as some maintenance man viewing this forum and screwing up a chiller by jumping it out, I think everyone has to be responsible for their own actions.

Responsibility must be taken if something happens, there will be no way around that, however , if a tube ruptures and chiller is now basically scrap, does this mean that guy at fault is going to drop 100k + for a new machine installed? Just saying ,
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
    As far as some maintenance man viewing this forum and screwing up a chiller by jumping it out, I think everyone has to be responsible for their own actions.

Responsibility must be taken if something happens, there will be no way around that, however , if a tube ruptures and chiller is now basically scrap, does this mean that guy at fault is going to drop 100k + for a new machine installed? Just saying ,
    No, but the customer shouldn't have gone for the lowest cost service contractor. You get what you pay for. Pay more for a experienced contractor or pay much more later when he screws up.

hi
    how can i replace the gas discharge sensor on carrier 30hxc ph3

you should start a new thread

Salah,

Instead of starting multiple threads and bouncing around in different threads asking questions about the same chiller, how about sticking with one thread and ask all your questions in one place. Also, why don't you respond to the people that are trying to help you? Otherwise you are going to pi$$ off everyone and end up getting no help.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345