Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have stated this b-4 but want your opinions

My Co. owner pays on billed hours therefore if I am working more than 40 hours and he can't bill it for whatever reason I get paid straight time period!

I have stated that he pays straight time only for every hour I am driving ANYWHERE! If I am driving to a job and I have worked 40hrs and the job is 2hrs away I still get paid straight time for the drive; there and back. If I have to do a parts run I get paid straight time, basically if I am in the van at all it is paid straight time regardless of the hours worked.

The Missouri wage and hour division says he is within his legal bounds to do this! It goes back to the 40's when OTR drivers were getting OT for hours worked and the industry lobbied to change it and won. Now over the years other industries such as service industries have "adopted" or "ammended" the law to include the service companies.

It's not right but how do they get away with it seeing the federal law states 1.5 over 40? Seems the federal law would supercede the states law IMHO.

I get to have a van which sits in front of my house, I am not going to take money out of my pocket to wash his van and wait to get reimbursed! You want me to wash your van then:

1.)PAY ME MORE

or

2.)fork over the cash to wash it with!

I am a bit bitter about this company at the moment and am marking time until the season gets busier and I will probably go it on my own, been doing all the research for it on the off times.

It has been so slow here that I had to file for partial unemployment to supplement my income and it pissed the boss off to no end! I'm sorry, I got bills to ya know! I gotta have a certain amount of income to pay mine as well so I did what I had to do.

Fire me...I have just become your competition a few months earlier than planned.

Citywide.
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

Re: Notice this kid only has one post

Originally posted by pjs
    I love how a poster comes in here post crap and you guys fall for it. And argue with one another.

Probably some 12 year olds,

we use to call phone #'s and hang up, or ask if their refrigerator was running, then laugh and say well go catch it.

you guy's are a gas............
    maybe true enough,but does the number of posts validate a response?...some of the user's with the lowest posts,are pretty smart people,.....just something to think about!!!!!!!

I have no problems with,really any of those requests except maybe #5. If my boss wants his van washed he can pay me to wash it on company time, after all it gets dirty on company time, and besides being a company vehicle he gets the tax benifits that go with it.Of course if he wanted me to park it and drive my own vehicle to the shop;well that's O.K. too.

Originally posted by always learnin
    If my boss wants his van washed he can pay me to wash it on company time, after all it gets dirty on company time, and besides being a company vehicle he gets the tax benifits that go with it.Of course if he wanted me to park it and drive my own vehicle to the shop;well that's O.K. too.
    Take this at face value but do you mean to tell me that you've never:

Stopped at Quickie Mart on your way home to grab a gallon of milk in the company truck.
    Picked up one of the kids after work in the company truck.
    Swung in to your wife's work to pick something up, drop it off or go out to lunch in the company truck.
    Let the truck run for 1/2 in the morning so its toasty warm when you jump in.
    Used a company tool (ladder, drill, extension cord, etc.) while doing home projects.

.......Or generally never used your company assigned vehicle for ANYTHING other than company use?

Not to mention it costs you money to run your personal vehicle back and forth to work - company truck costs you nothing. Lets see....$15.00 a week for gas or $3.00 in carwash tokens and 20 minutes of my time.....I'll chose the latter.

I wash my truck as a sense of obligation, but also a sense of pride in my appearance.
    "The problem is the average person isnt tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and its not in the movies they watch, and its not in the few books that they buy, they dont get it" - Jack Canfield

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123