Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It wouldn't be a very long job interview, that's for sure.

Nothing like that where I work, not even close, I guess I have it made, If I start to not like working there I will just read that list

Originally posted by Dowadudda
    having a van to take home is a privledge
    Just wonderin' how you figure this?
    First off, most companies don't want to put up a secure compound for the trucks, You'll carry more of your own tools if you don't have to take them off the van each day.
    The way I see it is, their van is more secure in my driveway and quicker to get into on after hours calls etc..
    It's a big trade off either way, Privledge, is a stretch.
    If it was a bonus to have the van in my driveway, I'd be taxed for it's use, similar to company cars.

Talking one thing i have learned.......

no job at any company is going to be perfect....end of story..........you and only you should be the one decide what you can and can not put up with.....how do you know you don't like something,unless you give it a try?....proven fact ,that everyone resists change,even if it is going to better that person...that is a fact,and again,end of story..........no where near perfect,where i work now,but i am paid well to do a job,key word is "I"......could care less about finding faults with others...i do what i do,because i like it,and I GET PAID.....WELL,but i do my job,day in day out,and in doing so,if the faults of others show up more around me,well,it is only because of me,doing what it is i like to do and gettin PAID to do it......"and you should love it,way more than you hate......i'm that cat by the bar toasting to the good life...you that faggott a$$ ni$%a try'in to pull me back right?"........which one you wanna be?..just my way of thinking,and dealing....don't make it right,but it works for me...good luck though!!!!!!

[Edited by too tall terry on 02-05-2006 at 03:16 PM]

Originally posted by bbelk
    # 1 would you work for 60 hrs per wk with no overtime ? hrly
    # 2 How would you like your dispatcher to be your peers ?
    # 3 How about gps tracking on nextell ?
    # 4 oh what if you where paid by nextell gps thats how they keep up with your payroll time ?
    # 5 how would ya like to be dammanded to wash your company van 3 times a month at home with no pay and with your water and sewer ?
    # 6 what about useing your phone line to fax office everyday
    If you dont you dont work tomarrow.

Im from tn and things like that dont go like that around here.
    #1, Illegal, you can cure that by moving on or contacting the state labor dept where you work.

#2, he is over you and has a job to do. Respect him and do what he tells you to do.

#3, It's your employers right and it might save your butt someday.

#4, Sounds to me like he is trying to be efficient.

#5, If you take my truck home, you're gonna wash it as many times as I see fit.

#6, Is it long distance? If not quit crying.

Notice this kid only has one post

I love how a poster comes in here post crap and you guys fall for it. And argue with one another.

Probably some 12 year olds,

we use to call phone #'s and hang up, or ask if their refrigerator was running, then laugh and say well go catch it.

you guy's are a gas............

Acually if you are running service and cross a state boundry one time that work week they do not have to pay overtime. At least that was the way it was 15 yrs ago. and this was federal law and it was under the department of transportation. I didnt think it was fair just because i crossed a state line.

Originally posted by Dowadudda
    OT is after 8 hours a day. Cmon everyone knows that.
    actually overtime is after 40 hrs that week. You can be worked 10 hr days thru thursday & off on friday & they dont have to pay you any overtime.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

By fed law any time in excss of 40 hours is to be paid at 1&1/2 time.

One way of dealing with it just keep track of the time you do not get paid for. After 5 years file a complaint, you will get fired and have a nice check to go with it and a possable law suit for being fired unjustfly.
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

Originally posted by snipe70e
    By fed law any time in excss of 40 hours is to be paid at 1&1/2 time.

One way of dealing with it just keep track of the time you do not get paid for. After 5 years file a complaint, you will get fired and have a nice check to go with it and a possable law suit for being fired unjustfly.

better file before theygo out of biz though

I guess someones got to work for slave drivers or you guys wouldn't have anything to ***** about.
    Also it makes me glad I don't work in the South. LOL.

Exclamation wage & hr laws

"Acually if you are running service and cross a state boundry one time that work week they do not have to pay overtime. At least that was the way it was 15 yrs ago. and this was federal law and it was under the department of transportation. I didnt think it was fair just because i crossed a state line."
    That was from an old Motor Carriers Act 1949. Anyone involved in the safety of those involved in Interstate Commerce also came under this Act. I got screwed for yrs when I was a paramedic because of this old law. Then a Mexican who cleaned busses down in the Southwest filed suit and it changed. Now, they have to pay you OT if you miss a meal after 10 hrs on duty and they have to honor the Federal 40 hr workweek laws. Yes, you can work any combination you want and not have to pay OT until they hit 40 hrs for that calendar week. There are exceptions such as drivers with their driving time restrictions now.

Get copies of all your hours worked with pay stubs and take them to the State Wage & Hour Dept. BTW, there are Federal Laws for firing whistle blowers.

Who cares about the dispatcher if they do a good job? I like a peer because they understand what you go through the the windshield time it takes to get places.

If you don't like taking the van home and washing it, park at the shop, clock out, and burn your gas driving home & back. However, there are new tax laws on driving company vehicles home. They must pay you the commute time and tax it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast