Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question

# 1 would you work for 60 hrs per wk with no overtime ? hrly
    # 2 How would you like your dispatcher to be your peers ?
    # 3 How about gps tracking on nextell ?
    # 4 oh what if you where paid by nextell gps thats how they keep up with your payroll time ?
    # 5 how would ya like to be dammanded to wash your company van 3 times a month at home with no pay and with your water and sewer ?
    # 6 what about useing your phone line to fax office everyday
    If you dont you dont work tomarrow.

Im from tn and things like that dont go like that around here.

One thing I've learned is complaining doesnt really help. If you dont like your job, then why dont you get another one? & by the way, in TN its against the law to work someone 60 hrs a week without givin em overtime.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Nope! I would be movin on.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

My company resembles numbers 2,4, & 6. You should respect the dispatcher and in turn she will respect you. GPS is used to verify payroll (don't try to "punch out" two hours after you arrive home!) and faxing paperwork daily is a requirement. We have an 800 fax # set up so it doesn't cost a thing. I don't see anything wrong with expecting a guy to wash the van once in a while either. 3 times a month may be excessive however.

ok #1 i can see complaining about but the others boo hoo

they have a peer dispatching you ? who cares? at least someone is giving you a job to go on without it you wouldnt eat

so they track where you are - be where you should be

they pay you according to where you are - be where you should be and get paid for it

the 3 times a month for washing van a little much i think
    but you didnt complain about taking it home did you?

and you have to fax work orders back to shop well instead of faxing them get in your car use your gas and take them in every night
    or take a few minutes to fax them

[Edited by dhvac on 02-05-2006 at 01:55 PM]

dhvac,

i never really understood the whole tracking thing eigther.
    my old compnay used it but more for equipment reclaimation, stolen trucks, and for billing disputes, customer disgrees with charges. Other than that i say be where ytour supposed to be and thats that. end of story, what do you want a license to screw off?

Here he goes again
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Originally posted by dhvac
    ok #1 i can see complaining about but the others boo hoo

they have a peer dispatching you ? who cares? at least someone is giving you a job to go on without it you wouldnt eat

so they track where you are - be where you should be

they pay you according to where you are - be where you should be and get paid for it

the 3 times a month for washing van a little much i think
    but you didnt complain about taking it home did you?

and you have to fax work orders back to shop well instead of faxing them get in your car use your gas and take them in every night
    or take a few minutes to fax them

[Edited by dhvac on 02-05-2006 at 01:55 PM]
    Well said!
    Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think there are no little things!

I was in tn for a while , not working but on a long vacation visiting a friend. Now Being in the trade I was watching what was going on in the hvac business and from what OI saw for prices and the amount of people in the trade in that part of the country...I wouldnt want to have to compete with them. Dam , The prices I had seen on installs was about what I would pay for equipment. Now that being said I was guessing it was probably a filter grill on the other side of a wall and a 7-run octopuss in flex on a 2- ton heat pump but heck it was at about $1500.00 advertised in there pennysaver or thrifty nickle. now that was about 4 years ago but theyy were about three companies in the same advertizing rag with big adds, within 50 $ of each other, oh and yes the listed taht it included the heat run lol. Yep ..... at those costs I sure that the wages are probably pretty low and that they pretty much expect you to do a lot for nothing. At those prices I would expect you to bring me home and fix dinner for me every night if I were your BOSS. IN fact ......that garadge at your house is empty. I think we will use itr as a secondary shop so I dont have to pay you to drive across town .lol YOU DONT MIND DO YA?

Oh that was East TN that I was talking about , may be differant on other part of the state or being a lot of equipment seems to be made around tn, maybe the equipment cost a lot less around there. Never did see any eqipment prices so I would have no clue if you get a lot better price from manufactures being their not paying big shipping prices to western part of the country. I guess from the prices I had seen on installs that I can see why your complaining at all you end up doing for free or at a chap price. You never told your experiance or time in the trade so that may tell a lot too, kinda under paying for your education by working cheap tp learn. CANT SAY I HAVNT BEEN THERE.

having a van to take home is a privledge and one should take care of the van while in their possesion and you wash it. If not, bring the van back to me, and drive your own vehicle home. You choose.

Dispatching is an art, in my opinion that should be done by a seasoned veteran. They would not be your peer, they would be above you.

OT is after 8 hours a day. Cmon everyone knows that.

GPS. MY van, My phone, My shop. Whats the problem?

Payroll is when you get in my van until you drop my van off at the shop, unless you want to wash it for me, then I will let you stop pay roll once you get get to your driveway. Of course we both understand we as a company bill our customers for this.

Operationally, you would not need to fax in my world.

Originally posted by hvac hero
    & by the way, in TN its against the law to work someone 60 hrs a week without givin em overtime.
    Same in the other 49 states. It's fed law, even if you're on commission.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by bbelk
    # 4 oh what if you where paid by nextell gps thats how they keep up with your payroll time ?
    # 5 how would ya like to be dammanded to wash your company van 3 times a month at home with no pay and with your water and sewer ?

Worked 72 hours last week. Got paid for 61 'cuz I didn't feel the boss needed to pay me to learn.

Dispatcher has been with company for less than 6 months and was a maint. man before that. He tells me where I need to go next and I go.

Don't have gps on our trucks (yet) but too busy to care. If boss wants to see me out working til 2100 and only charging til 1700 - great by me.

Wash my van at least once per week - guess its just a company image thing. Better image = more work for me.

Use my personal cell phone at times, fax stuff to the office, get van maintenance done on my own time.

What's the problem??

The only reason I say all of this is that what I do works for me - if it didn't, I wouldn't do it. The way I look at it, boss pays me alot of $$$ and expects to get his money's worth.

If you choose to perceive yourself as getting screwed, everything the boss mandates is because he's out to screw you. If you choose to perceive yourself as an important member of a team, everything the boss mandates is for the betterment of everybody in the organization - same rules, your choice of how you look at 'em.

Oh - and like the other guys said - boss can't force you to work over 40 without OT.

Hey - if you don't like it, you could always start your own business
    "The problem is the average person isnt tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and its not in the movies they watch, and its not in the few books that they buy, they dont get it" - Jack Canfield

Originally posted by bbelk

This is the kind of things when you lose the balance that the unions bring to the workforce,,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast