+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idiot goes to jail, owner gets a duct cleaning

Post Likes

Alleged Burglar Gets Stuck in Oven Vent
    By Associated Press

Thu Feb 2, 8:40 PM

ORLANDO, Fla. - An alleged burglar was rescued Thursday after he got stuck overnight in the oven vent of the convenience store he was trying to rob, the fire department said.

Investigators said Lonnie Shields, 37, climbed into a small vent on the roof of the New City Mart at about 2 a.m. and wasn't found until store employees arrived at about 8 a.m.

Shields, who faces charges of burglary of a structure, was treated at a nearby hospital and booked into Orange County Jail on $1,000 bond.

"He was banged up and crunched up and uncomfortable from being in that pipe for about six hours," Orlando fire chief Greg Hoggatt said.
    Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think there are no little things!

Post Likes
    Just think had one of the employees fired up the oven before discovering the dumbass thief up there.

Maybe that should have been how things unfolded. Wonder how they found out he was there? Probably the guy was shouting once he heard activity below...being stuck in a duct for six hours at 37 without a potty break...kinda rough.

At least that's what I thought when you mentioned something about a duct cleaning!
    Psychrometrics: the very foundation of HVAC. A comfort troubleshooter's best friend.

Post Likes
    Alleged Burglar

Now this has got to be a misuse of the word "alleged" what was he doing in the duct if he wasnt burglarizing the place

you can bet that oven would have been fired up before he got out of it.......to keep him warm... of course

Post Likes
    Once out of jail the guy will find a lawyer and sue the store for not having a secure grate over that shaft. And signs warning of the danger in three languages no less.

Post Likes
    these guys are makeing Florida look bad...we need smarter criminals.
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Post Likes

Talking criminals watch too much tv.........

ever notice that when someone uses the ductwork on tv,it is almost as if you could stand up in it,and it is always so clean,and you can crawl around in it and it makes no noise?....here's your sign!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by too tall terry on 02-05-2006 at 11:29 AM]

Post Likes
    I saw that on the news. The guys legs were hanging down out over the stove from his knees down. What a retard.

Post Likes

Re: criminals watch too much tv.........

Originally posted by too tall terry
    ever notice that when someone use the ductwork on tv,it is almost as if you could stand up in it,and it is always so clean,and you can crawl around in it and it makes no noise?....here's your sign!!!!!!!!!
    My sentiments exactly!! My wife is tired of hearing me grip about it but on all the movies these guys are crawling through clean ducts with no screws poking out and no air flowing through them (just what are they for?). They also don't make any noise going through them. The duct always holds just fine but when they arrive at their destination they pop out a grille very easily. I can't put my head in a unit without coming out looking like a dust mop.

Post Likes

Well, better add one more thing to the checklist next time I decide to rob a place, I had 30 on it 'til now.
    #29. Make sure car is tuned up and full of gas, tires OK.
    #30. Leave the car running.
    #31. Go to the bathroom BEFORE making the hit.
    Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.

Post Likes

Re: Re: criminals watch too much tv.........

Originally posted by seaboard
    Originally posted by too tall terry
    ever notice that when someone use the ductwork on tv,it is almost as if you could stand up in it,and it is always so clean,and you can crawl around in it and it makes no noise?....here's your sign!!!!!!!!!
    My sentiments exactly!! My wife is tired of hearing me grip about it but on all the movies these guys are crawling through clean ducts with no screws poking out and no air flowing through them (just what are they for?). They also don't make any noise going through them. The duct always holds just fine but when they arrive at their destination they pop out a grille very easily. I can't put my head in a unit without coming out looking like a dust mop.
    And there are never any sheetmetal screws or meathooks on the duct.
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    No screws 'cause that's a welded hood exhaust duct. Greasy, though......

All Florida burglars aren't as dumb as this guy. There's been a group breaking into C-Stores through the roof deck into the store office around here for years stealing lots of cash, cigarettes and beer. They defeat the alarms & cameras, they've never been caught and always the same MO.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in