+ Reply to Thread

Thread: westemp

Post Likes

Hmm

I have never seen a Maple tree. You must be way up north. Is every thing normal there, Weather wise? I am a bit concerned about the water temperture of the Gulf of Mexico. It is still quite warm. Roy

Post Likes
    Roy,

They screw a fitting into the side of the tree and set a 5 gal bucket under the fitting. The sap runs out of the tree into the bucket.

Up north in Michigan it's been between the mid 30's to 50's, way too warm for this time of year.

The warm weather is having a profound effect on the number of service calls lately. It's been this way since early Janurary.

They say we are going to have an El Nino...........is that because of the warm water?

How far south in Texas are you?

Bob

Post Likes

Post Likes

Frown Dang I hit the wrong button

Can you Mods move this back to my original thread? Thanks Roy

Post Likes

Hey Bob

I am right on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. About 30 miles inland and 200 miles from the Mexico border. How long does it take to fill up that 5 gallon bucket? You know Bob. Around here you can't say bad things about El nino Or about El nina. The hispanics around here will say, Yeah, Blame it on us Mexicans again. Roy

Post Likes
    It was 56º here yesterday. Today we have 3" of snow. Go figure that one out.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by oroy54
    I have never seen a Maple tree. You must be way up north. Is every thing normal there, Weather wise? I am a bit concerned about the water temperture of the Gulf of Mexico. It is still quite warm. Roy
    Roy...."You must be way up north"...not really. I'm in London,Ontario. If you draw a line 120 miles east from Detroit that's where I'm at. Motorcycles on the street on Friday....today I'm shovelling the driveway..crazy winter.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mattm
    It was 56º here yesterday. Today we have 3" of snow. Go figure that one out.

Figure it out for yourself you lazy CB.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in