Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Where would we all be if we didnt have unions out there looking out for our best interest

goodmann rep.
    Don't interrupt me while i'm talking to myself

Better off.
    I am the "Wally". All others are meer imitations of the original.

Originally posted by ct2
    Where would we all be if we didnt have unions out there looking out for our best interest
    Well here in Detroit the auto industry might be better off without the unions. Paying guys $30.00 an hour to put hubcaps on a Buick while he is stoned is a joke.

Had a guy the other day all but crucify me when I hinted that there may be some folks in "open shops" that were just as capable as some union folks. The 'concept' of unions was good originally, but today, the pendelum has swung almost as far as possible in the other direction. When you contemplate that for every new car(since autos was brought up) that rolls off the assembly line, the largest cost associated with that vehicle, bar none, is the pension contribution, something is askew. I can say since I have worked in both arenas, that the 'performance based concept' works far better in the open shop than the union shop, at least in my experience. It's a shame that there is not some type of peaceful co-existence that can occur. I am told that unions are going to start a more than ever aggressive campaign to increase their ranks. Obviously, the guys at GM, Ford, Delta, UPS and others would probably do things a little differently if they had the chance to do them over.
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

Originally posted by HeyBob
    Originally posted by ct2
    Well here in Detroit the auto industry might be better off without the unions. Paying guys $30.00 an hour to put hubcaps on a Buick while he is stoned is a joke.
    I bet me makes twice that with the add ons

Originally posted by ct2
    YOU MORON........oppps sorry I lost my head, did I really say that ??????

Originally posted by ct2
    In the dark,

Hmm

Without unions there never would have been " Middle Class Americans", only rich and poor.

Without unions there never would have been " Middle Class Americans", only rich and poor.

Oh, you mean like the way this country is headed now?Where I live every person has just been strapped with a 1% income/profits tax that lives within city limits even though most people/business was against it.Many good alternitives where brought up for raising revenues at city meetings (I.E. dog and pony show) but to no avail,you could tell by the attitudes of the mayor and his cronies,it was a done deal.It's my opinion the middle class in this country is gradually being squeezed out.

Thats right , as the union goes so goes the middle class, excellent observation. not to mention an obvious one,,

so back off guys don't bite the hand feeds ya,

LOL what a laugh.

dec
    Professional Member

quote:Originally posted by ct2

YOU MORON........oppps sorry I lost my head, did I really say that

----------------------------------------------------------+

ok everyone ...over to the tech section...........>>>>>

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast