Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dow,

The best to yall man, with all the car companies laying off, the influx of people from New Orleans into Detroit, I think about yall and what some, including you, post about yall locale. I feel for your friend and his family in his time of need.

But people can call us blue collar workers, dream of big money and working in a nice office, but you will never ever get someone on the phone in India to change your contactor on your chiller, rod the condenser, etc. People will always want and or need heating and air. Younger people today more and more shoot for those white collar jobs, leaving a vacuum in our industry, strange times it is, the more people look for the golden egg, the more skilled professions like ourselves will be in bigger demand and our pay will rise with that.

Theres power in that knowledge, I will pray for you and your business, hang in there Dow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Originally posted by outside rep

Central Pa is growing every single day and doesnt look likes it going back at all
    It's a cycle, I can remember when Central PA was hurting. Michigan will turn around and rule once again.

Even though I lived there, no way could I ever return, the traffic alone makes my head spin.

Originally posted by TitleLess
    SO what do you think is on the horizon ?

Are the city leaders working on replacing the losses or will they just suck it up, and let the area discentigrate?
    Well, the real problem here is there is such a huge demographics separation. You take Livonia, MI and Redford, MI. Livonia and Redford both neighboring suburbs of the Detroit Metro area. Going west, starting in Detroit, then into Redford, then Livonia. Detroit 99% black. Redford 78% black. Livonia, 99% white.

The local government poloticians, elected by their citizenry, do not cooperate with each across municipal lines. These are just two cities to show you an example of what the entire City of Detroit is all about. You either are in or your not, sometimes it's good to be black or white depending on where you live. Blacks and Whites here don't want to work together. Thats the hard truth.

Also. We are the largest populated area of Middle Easterns in the world outside the Middle East. Now. I have screamed and and screamed on here about them being bad customers. But to answer the question you brought up, I look intelligently at the matter and consider their part of that only. There is no predjudice when I say this next line and no predisposed idea. They have no want to participate to help no one but themselves. They have never taken their situation here as a community leader which we all must receive from all three major populous.

So. Between the White population, Black Population and Arab Population here, there is a huge disconnect amongst us all. This area has only been brought together, and for lack of a better word, relied heavily on the big "3".

They have always been this regional areas savior. With them and this is no exageration, with them in the fight of their lives, histories, their is a void of leadership here to attempt to bridge these societal issues. With that vacuum, some corruption is taking advantage because no real accountability is holding court to keep an eye on the Fort.

The Auto companies, I say fight of their lives, and some shrug off, saying, well they'll be back, just like before. In 1979-81, which was another historic downturn for these companies, they did not have to contend with China. Different ball game today.

AND JUST FOR THE RECORD BASED ON SOME OF THESE RESPONSES, IF YOU READ MY POSTS IN THIS THREAD, I AM NOT HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME. I AM SIMPLY OBSERVING.

[Edited by Dowadudda on 02-04-2006 at 05:42 PM]

Originally posted by Dowadudda

AND JUST FOR THE RECORD BASED ON SOME OF THESE RESPONSES, IF YOU READ MY POSTS IN THIS THREAD, I AM NOT HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME. I AM SIMPLY OBSERVING.

[Edited by Dowadudda on 02-04-2006 at 05:42 PM] [/B]
    Dow, if it that was pointed at me, it was a general observation that I posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Just cause of the caps don't mean any disresepct. Just wanted to make notice of it. I appreciate the kind words.

I only hope it comes back strong. But if we have to pull up stakes down the road, no big deal. We've done it before a few times. I am totally cool with whatever happens. There is refrigeration equipment needing to be fixed everywhere. I'd like better weather. LOL .

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dowadudda
    The Auto companies, I say fight of their lives, and some shrug off, saying, well they'll be back, just like before. In 1979-81, which was another historic downturn for these companies, they did not have to contend with China. Different ball game today.
    I agree. I was here for the last one. This time, it is not just the bottom of a business cycle, it is more like a permanent change in the auto business, hard to believe it will ever be what it was in the past.

Me, I'm just a service tech at a company that's been on a steady downhill slide for the last 4 years, and I don't see anything good on the horizon. We have lost a lot of auto related business. Of course, most of the business in this town is auto related one way or another. The problems trickle down to everyone sooner or later.

I know your by me. But who do you toil for. Give me initials. Just killing me. Curious is all. Nothing more.

Dow, check your e-mail

My part of michigan is not doing to well either. The three counties I operate in all have an unemployment rate over 11 percent. It may be the worst in the nation. The only solace I have is the fact one guy working alone should be able to make a living anywhere. This is'nt a good situation for the people I employ.
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

Unhappy

Michigan ...

don't sound any different than Upstate New York ...

oh Geez,

The big city around here was named the poorest large city in America, but I don't hear anyone bithching about it here, if you don't like the place, get the hell out and let someone with a more positive attitude have your work.

JMO,

And you don't have a job?

Originally posted by TitleLess
    oh Geez,

The big city around here was named the poorest large city in America, but I don't hear anyone bithching about it here, if you don't like the place, get the hell out and let someone with a more positive attitude have your work.

JMO,
    This is why people hate you. Other than you just being a prick.

Well geez oh man,

OK, detroit is having some hard times, so what do you do ? cry about it or do something about it,,I'm just saying that it is no worse there than it is right outside my door, and I am not complaining. We are both in the rust belt, if things bad enough for me to leave I will pack up and leave but until then I am not going to put the area down.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast