+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Of all places, My luck, it's happening here

Post Likes
    Dow, check your e-mail

Post Likes
    My part of michigan is not doing to well either. The three counties I operate in all have an unemployment rate over 11 percent. It may be the worst in the nation. The only solace I have is the fact one guy working alone should be able to make a living anywhere. This is'nt a good situation for the people I employ.
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

Post Likes

Unhappy

Michigan ...

don't sound any different than Upstate New York ...

Post Likes
    oh Geez,

The big city around here was named the poorest large city in America, but I don't hear anyone bithching about it here, if you don't like the place, get the hell out and let someone with a more positive attitude have your work.

JMO,

Post Likes

And you don't have a job?

Originally posted by TitleLess
    oh Geez,

The big city around here was named the poorest large city in America, but I don't hear anyone bithching about it here, if you don't like the place, get the hell out and let someone with a more positive attitude have your work.

JMO,
    This is why people hate you. Other than you just being a prick.

Post Likes
    Well geez oh man,

OK, detroit is having some hard times, so what do you do ? cry about it or do something about it,,I'm just saying that it is no worse there than it is right outside my door, and I am not complaining. We are both in the rust belt, if things bad enough for me to leave I will pack up and leave but until then I am not going to put the area down.

Post Likes
    Please

Leave now, go to Bolivia and toss your computer in the Goodwill box on the way out of town

Post Likes
    There are cultural differences that exist around the country and your area Dow is suffering from that. Where I went to high school there wasn't a lot of big industries around paying good wages but one of them was the railroad. Some guys (especially sons of railroaders) thought that was the ticket and "hung their hat" on getting a job with the railroad. Most looked for another way up the ladder (college, armed forces, etc).

In the north the unions and manufacturing jobs gave a lot of people middle class success (without any marketable skills) for many years. Kids aspired to "get a job at the plant".

If you learn a trade you'll always have a job but you may have to move to the sun belt to do it.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by TitleLess
    Well geez oh man,

OK, detroit is having some hard times, so what do you do ? cry about it or do something about it,,I'm just saying that it is no worse there than it is right outside my door, and I am not complaining. We are both in the rust belt, if things bad enough for me to leave I will pack up and leave but until then I am not going to put the area down.
    Who is putting the area down? You asked me my opinion. I gave you what I beleive is the problem. Not putting it down. First step in the solving the issues is to identify them.

Another thing brightstar, I was not *****ing. The thread was about how I was able to give my children, a real life example of why haviong a trade, a skill that is needed is so important.

Post Likes
    You are a world class dick, you know that.

Post Likes
    Of all places, My luck, it's happening here

That statement sounds like whining to me , I'm sorry I just can't get past that statement.

Post Likes
    you can't get past your own arrogance, to read and try to understand anyone on here.

You know, no one here likes you, everyone on here thinks your a prick. I think you should leave. Anyone else with me to democratically vote this guy out of here?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in