Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CO2 article

I use to be disgusted; Now I’m just amused

Quote Originally Posted by eng&tech View Post
    There are currently ~50 installation using CO2 as a refrigerant in US and Canada most of these are either CO2 as a low temperature secondary fluid, there are also a growing number of low temperature CO2 cascade systems, using either glycol or CO2 as a medium temperature fluid. For those of you in Canada or upper section of the US look for CO2 Booster Systems(transcritical). Those systems are HFC free systems using CO2 as the only refrigerant and are medium temp and low temp. They are very efficient system when running in the subcritical mode, which living in the North or in Canada is fantastic. Hill Phoenix Learning Center is conducting training on all three CO2 systems. Just contact them and they will come to your area for training. http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/images/icons/icon12.gif

CO2 is refrigerant of choose in Europe and Merced Benz is looking at using CO2 for auto cooling instead of 1234yf.

You are right. What do you mean by booster system? The sub discharge going in the trans succion?

Where I work, one of our stores is CO2. I like it a lot. One of the benefits is there is only about half the amount of copper pipe needed to run out into the store. The CO2 in a 3/4 line has a huge capacity so 2 three 3/4 lines in about all that is needed to feed all the door freezers.

My only area of concern right now, besides my personal safety, is with all the ball valves that are used. The packings on them all are failing. I had a large ball valve on the pump outlet start leaking. I wanted to take the cap off and wrap the threads with teflon. Not a chance. The leak got so bad as I was loosening the cap I thought I was going to pass out. So I just tightened it back up and ventalated the room.

Quote Originally Posted by eng&tech View Post
    There are currently ~50 installation using CO2 as a refrigerant in US and Canada most of these are either CO2 as a low temperature secondary fluid, there are also a growing number of low temperature CO2 cascade systems, using either glycol or CO2 as a medium temperature fluid. For those of you in Canada or upper section of the US look for CO2 Booster Systems(transcritical). Those systems are HFC free systems using CO2 as the only refrigerant and are medium temp and low temp. They are very efficient system when running in the subcritical mode, which living in the North or in Canada is fantastic. Hill Phoenix Learning Center is conducting training on all three CO2 systems. Just contact them and they will come to your area for training. http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/images/icons/icon12.gif

CO2 is refrigerant of choose in Europe and Merced Benz is looking at using CO2 for auto cooling instead of 1234yf.
    This was a really good class very interesting and I cant wait to work on a CO2 system now, if only i would have won that damn HP backpack though...

Chicago has it, Several of our techs went for training a few weeks ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12