Hi All

Is there a source of information to match up capacitors such as a cross reference?
    Problem is I don't Know the specifications of the original.

I have a Ruud #Uqka ao42jk 015 heat pump for which I need to get the correct capacitor as the service man did a botch job and put in the wrong one,tied it in when it had a neat receptacle made to install it in.

Thanks in advance

Since that isn't the original compressor we don't have anyway of knowing what capacitor it takes.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Originally posted by hvac911
    Hi All

Is there a source of information to match up capacitors such as a cross reference?

I have a Ruud #Uqka ao42jk 015 heat pump for which I need to get the correct capacitor as the service man did a botch job and put in the wrong one,tied it in when it had a neat receptacle made to install it in.

And you know this how? If he did a botch job call him back so he can correct it.

Thanks in advance
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

A lot of parts are generic and as long as the size is correct you don't nessesarily need the OEM connector.I don't know the specifics of your situation.But sometimes wire nuts instead of a factory plug is a correct retrofit.I would't use the fact that he didn't use an OEM cap or connector as grounds for calling it a butcher job.
    Some people swear by me and some at me

This is Turtle.

911 , you state you have the wrong capasitor on it and then you don't know what the right one is that should be on it.

This confusses me here. How can you know it is the wrong one when you don't know what the right one is ? I can be confussed very earily if you don't watch.

TURTLE

Hi All

Thanks in advance
    Turtle made a good point.

What is the model number to your compressor?

"This is Turtle.

911 , you state you have the wrong capasitor on it and then you don't know what the right one is that should be on it."

Correct; I don't know the right one, hence my writing in to attempt to get that information.

Also,the compressor is original,capacitor isn't.

I stand by the botched term,if something isn't put back in it's original state,then it is botched.

I don't know the compressor model # but will attempt to get that later.

Thanks fellows;I appreciate your help.

seems like hvac911 has an issue with ac techs and there may be more behind the story, call a different company to fix it and thats that...FU

Simply call back that service tech and tell him you want OEM parts only, and you don't mind paying the higher price.

He put in a generic "after market" capacitor, not the wrong one.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

dont ya just love customers like this? i was doing a start up resi. split once years ago where the cust."knew" the lineset was supposed to be "straight, level & plumb".he eyeballed me real good as i explained static pressure & the drop with every 90deg. fitting etc.so i offered to call in for the upgrade price for "straight & level".turns out it wasent so important afterall.the tech. on this job probably would have been happy to get windshield time to go get oem part,paint it, whatever...just not for free.

Hi All

Is there a source of information to match up capacitors

Ahhh I get it now. He is looking to "match up capacitors". He isn't interested in the µf rating.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Hi All

Thanks in advance
    Poster, welcome to HVAC-Talk. As a new poster you may not have read the rules. What you are asking for is DIY information. This is not what this forum is here for.
    Do-It-Yourselfers - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment, that is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

Questions of this type will not be answered and may be deleted.
    If you have a problem with your technician, address that problem to him/her.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV