Weil Mclain D7 flame roll out
    This is a res hwb that's splilling out combustion from the combustion chamber.It's 135,000in 108,000out vented 20' with 6" by itself. flue is clear No obstructions.Disasebled and brushed sections looked o.k some dust residue but not impeding draft. Checked man pressure o.k at 3.5 nat gas.all primary shutters open fully and recieving adequate combustion air.The flame has obvious signs of incomplete combustion (very orange).Pulled burners and brushed inside and out. The burners are cast with the honeycomb type burner. Is it possible that the burners are causing the prob? Anyone have a tech support # for Weil Mclain? Thanks

ok

Just talked to tech support at Weil Mclain and they seem to think that the ribbons are clogged. I pulled the burners and brushed in and out. I'll go back tommorow and try to clean with a solution and water and hit with compressed air. I was told that the ribbons themselves are removable but will leave them in the cast while cleaning seeing as there's no availabilty on these old burners.

We had same problem but finally figured it out. GET RID OF THE DAMPER.

interesting

It's an old boiler and it doesn't have a damper on it.It's got a vertical draft diverter on it. Don't think mfg recommends removing it.How did that aleviate your prob thanks for repling.

[Edited by cfcitywide on 02-03-2006 at 06:27 PM]

hey hungry

What was the problem aon the simialr situation I'm curious to know