If you are a professional you will understand

what is the highest floor in a condo building you have seen a sp__er in the main orifice?

is there any repellant you have discovered that works. I do have some ideas.

If the problem is not cleared will the local ambient temperatures break down the problem?

Bugs can hitch a ride on humans so wherever we go, they can go. Best repellent I know of is to leave the standing pilot lit so the heat discourages them. You have to remove the orifice spud and extract spider webs from the mixer tube. Is it not politically correct in Seattle to refer to them as "spiders"? Does that constitute arachnid profiling? ;-)

the reason i said Highest floor of a condo building

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Bugs can hitch a ride on humans so wherever we go, they can go. Best repellent I know of is to leave the standing pilot lit so the heat discourages them. You have to remove the orifice spud and extract spider webs from the mixer tube. Is it not politically correct in Seattle to refer to them as "spiders"? Does that constitute arachnid profiling? ;-)
    I usually only see this in sealed units. leaving the pilot on may work in a standing pilot. But IPI? The strangest thing is they come back over and over again. like salmon returning to their same spawning grounds.

Most IPI ignition systems can be set to continuous pilot, which of course defeats the intermittent aspect but, hey, if you want to keep the bug out.... Yes, I was speaking of direct vent or sealed units. Do you have open hearth gas logs in condos? If so, how many floors, are these factory built woodburning fireplaces with gas logs or straight up factory built open hearth gas fireplaces?

One of our technicians found this last Friday. While normally found in the tube from the orifice leading to the actual burner, this spider had crawled through the orifice and had build a nest in the supply tube from the valve to the orifice in this Natural Gas unit. They can and will find their way into nearly everywhere. This unit was exhibiting low flame. All pressures were within normal parameters.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Bart Ogden
    Wichita, KS
    CSIA Certified Chimney Sweep
    CSIA CDET Dryer Exhaust Technician
    NFI Master Hearth Professional

Notice: Advice given is general in nature. Local laws and ordinances may govern and/or supersede the information and recommendations provided. Final determinations are the responsibility of a local qualified industry professional with first-hand knowledge of the situation, and the AHJ.