Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    So, Carrier's 13 SEER condenser has a 10 year compressor warranty?

http://www.residential.carrier.com/p.../comfort.shtml
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Hmm

That looks like an upscale unit.

Just about everyone has at least a ten year warranty on their better or best equipment.

Doesn't Amana have a deal where they replace the whole condensing unit if it fails in 10 years or less?

What's the point? Did they only have a 5 year warranty before?

Looks like its also has a scroll compressor, 410a, and pressure switches. Hard to believe its a econ model.

That's their economy model? Darn good looking unit.

Click on the link to the unit specs; it is a 13 SEER entry level unit. It only gets the touted 14 SEER with a variable speed blower.

This does not look like an upgrade. All other manufacturers are going to 5/5 warranties on the entry level equipment. From everything I have been told, Carrier was also going to be a 5/5 warranty on the entry level equipment.

Having a 10 year warranty on this entry level unit has come out of the blue.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Click on the link to the unit specs; it is a 13 SEER entry level unit. It only gets the touted 14 SEER with a variable speed blower.

This does not look like an upgrade. All other manufacturers are going to 5/5 warranties on the entry level equipment. From everything I have been told, Carrier was also going to be a 5/5 warranty on the entry level equipment.

Having a 10 year warranty on this entry level unit has come out of the blue.
    I just figured that out. Lennox went to a 5/5 warranty on their Merit 13 SEER. The old Merit/Value units were 5/1.

Originally posted by HeyBob
    That looks like an upscale unit.

Doesn't Amana have a deal where they replace the whole condensing unit if it fails in 10 years or less?
    Not sure about Amana, but Tempstar is offering a 1 yr replacement warranty on their mainline R22 condenser (Model # T2A330GKA) & they are offering a 5 yr replacement on their mainline R410A condensers (Model # T4A330GKA) The compressor warranty on both of em are 10 yrs.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Carrier is really changing themselves! I always hated the cube builder model, now they gave that to Payne and ICP. These are really impressive looking and the 10 comp warranty to boot? Wonder about pricing and whether the RNC market will demand something cheaper to be brought back? This thing blows away the Merit. Last one of them I saw had that vinyl mesh on it that some on here don't like.

That's not the builder model. That's the entry of replacement market. Have no fear, Boyd, the builder is still 5/5.

Here's the builder: http://www.commercial.carrier.com/co..._SIT12,00.html.

Here's the new product matrix: http://www.commercial.carrier.com/co...ID4405,00.html

[Edited by jrbenny on 02-03-2006 at 07:20 AM]

Originally posted by jrbenny
    That's not the builder model. That's the entry of replacement market. Have no fear, Boyd, the builder is still 5/5.

Whew! Thanks I was getting nervous.

its still a cube. I have yet to meet a service guy that likes them (not counting ones that dont take temperatures).

Oh, Carrier still isn't putting the RNC stuff on their residential website huh!!! Still, that builder unit is so much nicer than the CKC type of unit!

No RNC on resi site? For once, I agree with the marketing folks. The h/o that browses the Carrier website is typically a replacement customer. Makes sense to 'market' the units they want to sell to the replacement customer.

Yes, I do like the new look of the product line. Time will tell on functionality of the design.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast